UPPERVILLE COLT & HORSE SHOW HORSE SHOW DIRECTOR
The Upperville Colt & Horse Show, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization seeks an experienced Horse Show Director. This is an excellent opportunity to join the team that produces the oldest horse show in the country, and one of the most iconic, recognized and prestigious equestrian events in the United States. This position reports to the president of the board of directors. It is a full time salaried positioned based in Upperville, Virginia, to begin immediately. While the UCHS hosts a FEI 4 * Welcome Stakes and Grand Prix, a National Grand Prix and a Hunter Derby, it also embraces the local community and its 166 year legacy during its local day and other unique classes and divisions.
Job responsibilities will include managing the horse show office throughout the year to include planning and implementing all aspects of the administrative and operational requirements leading up to, and following the show week. This individual will work closely with volunteer board members throughout the year, plus will manage temporary, seasonal staff during the year that expands significantly leading up to and during the week of the show.
Salary range: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and skills.
- management experience in horse show operations
- self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- excellent organizational and time management skills
- experience performing support duties requiring accuracy, attention to detail and coordination of information
- adept with technology to include excellent computer skills and database management experience
- must enjoy working in collaborative environment, possess a naturally positive, calm and professional attitude, and be willing to take on additional duties as necessary
- must possess a hospitality, customer service mindset
- knowledge of financial management procedures
To apply, send a comprehensive cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Upperville Colt & Horse Show, c/o Barbara Riggs, 21282 Unison Rd., Middleburg, Va. 20117. For more information visit www.upperville.com
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.