The United States Pony Clubs, Inc., located in the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY, seeks a Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator. This opportunity is for someone looking to be a member of both our Development and Marketing teams. We are a flexible and team oriented environment, seeking someone who wants to participate in various revenue-producing campaigns while helping to keep our marketing message on track. You will need to be a self-starter, take charge and propose strategies—however, as in all small staff organizations, you should expect to roll up your sleeves for everyday tasks. We all help each other, we all contribute, and we all share in an environment that extends to the service we provide our members.
The Fundraising and Marketing Coordinator has primary responsibility for producing revenue for the organization through direct fundraising, including major gifts, campaigns, grant writing/submissions, sponsorships and advertising, along with the Marketing messaging and materials for promotions of Development events and fundraising programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct prospect research for new funding opportunities
- Execute fundraising activities, including, but not limited to: Annual giving; membership; endowments and planned giving; foundation, and corporate grant writing; program/event sponsorship's; and donor recognition and other special events and projects
- Aggressively manage New Business Development opportunities with key accounts and additional accounts
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Drive revenue by acquiring new and managing existing advertising customers for print and digital platforms while maintaining active book of advertising clients. Handle billing and collections of advertising accounts and all mailing and contact lists
- Maintain event program advertising records and assist in app updates for events
- Work to ensure all advertising and sponsor materials adhere to USPC safety policies
- Design materials to be used for the promotion of development messaging for events and fundraising
- Sponsorship activation through USPC outlets including print, publications, social media, etc., and maintain branding and messaging throughout all communications outlets
- Website content updating for content related to development department
- Attend events as assigned as USPC representative
- Write, generate, distribute and post press releases as assigned, follow up with media outlets for reprint purposes
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required:
- College degree plus 3+ years of experience in development, marketing, advertising sales, and/or promotional events
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and successfully accomplish multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven success with online strategies to enhance giving, visibility, engagement and loyalty
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Suites, membership database, website, social media, and publishing software Photo Shop and other graphic design tools
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with experience creating positive and productive relationships with members, volunteers, board members, and fellow staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond calmly and effectively in urgent situations
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative, self-motivation, perseverance and commitment to getting the job done
This is a full time, salaried position that requires regular office hours (i.e. this is not a remote/telecommuting position), as the staff member must interface and collaborate with colleagues routinely. Limited business travel required. Salary commensurate with experience and skills. Outstanding benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance, life, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick leave, ability to contribute to a 403(b) plan with employer match.
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Karen Clark, at Mainoffice@ponyclub.org. No phone calls please. Direct hire – no recruiters.
About Pony Club - The United States Pony Clubs, Inc. (Pony Club) was founded in 1954 as a nonprofit national youth organization to teach riding and horsemanship through a formal educational program. There are approximately 9,000 Pony Club members in over 600 clubs and riding centers throughout the country. Many of the nation’s top equestrians, including several of our Olympic team members, business professionals, government leaders and career military officers, have roots in Pony Club. Members range in age as Pony Club now offers educational opportunities to a growing number of adults.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.