NRHA Career Opportunity Description
Position: Manager of Public Relations and Member Communications
Reports To: Senior Director of Corporate Relations and Communications
Organizational Unit: Marketing and Communications
Hours per Week: 40, plus some weekends and Thanksgiving
Shift/Hours/Days: 8:00–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday
Position Start Date: Immediately
Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Simple IRA, Paid Holidays
The Manager of Public Relations and Communications is charged with implementing and supporting NRHA’s public relations and member communications efforts. Tasks will range from creating direct communications to members to administering outreach communications to potential members and fans. Tasks include, but are not limited to, writing press releases and digital content, corresponding with members, fact-checking, and digital and social media support. This position will collaborate with the department staff, leadership team, committees, and members to build and promote NRHA’s communication needs to members and the general public.
Send resumes to Sammi Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Experience:
Education: Minimum—Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Ag Communications, Journalism, Communications, etc.
Experience: Prefer 3 years of equine industry association communication, public relations, and social media experience. Strong knowledge of the reining industry preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic operating systems
- Able to learn new computer programs quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Pleasant personality, ability to interact with staff and members in a professional manner, and service-focused mentality
- Solid grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading skills to be both a contributor and an editor
- Some travel is possible
- Job is based in Oklahoma
- Some weekend work required
- Some holiday work may be required
- Establish, execute, and evaluate communication plans for NRHA programs and activities, delivered on time, to contribute to NRHA’s business objectives.
- Oversee the development of creative programs and design concepts to meet NRHA’s business objectives and to advance NRHA’s brand strategy using in-house and outside agency resources.
- Post marketing-related items on social media—events, deadlines, programs, press releases, etc.—as well as member-focused content.
- In collaboration with marketing team, manage and measure effectiveness of NRHA’s social and digital media. This includes, but is not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn, etc.
- Assist Reiner team in developing member-focused content.
- Communicate educational components of ReinerSuite.
- Manage NRHA trade show schedule.
- Alongside other members of the marketing team, manage the Press Room at all NRHA major events.
- Market the Event Officials Program to NRHA Judges.
- Develop and manage various Facebook groups, starting with a Rookie/Green Reiner group.
- Develop comprehensive event-marketing strategies, along with Pro Management team when applicable, for NRHA major events.
- Develop a consistent, effective social media strategy and presence for NRHA Corporate Partners.
- Assist with NRHA Corporate Partners communications as needed.
- Work closely with the NRHA’s television production contractor to provide exposure to NRHA and reining.
- Place outside advertising while fostering media relations with the Oklahoma City community and global entities.
- Public facing within the OKC Community and Equine Industry Media
- Work with NRHA committees and the Board of Directors as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone, email, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by NRHA upper management team
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.