Product Development Assistant - Equine
Breyer Animal Creations (www.breyerhorses.com) has been making the world's finest model horses since 1950. We are a privately owned business based in Northern New Jersey, and are dedicated to creating toys, gifts and collectibles that are beautiful, meaningful and fun.
We are seeking an eager, enthusiastic Product Development Assistant for our Breyer model horse lines who is ready to put their horse knowledge (colors, breeds, and disciplines) to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and creative environment.
- Become a Breyer expert on horse industry trends related to tack, accessories, apparel, disciplines, popular horses, breeds, model horse hobby activities, etc. (as well as gather fan feedback) and share all internally
- Become fully versed on all Breyer products and tooling
- Learn Breyer model horse product quality standards and assist with product quality and decoration reviews of new master samples, counter samples, and production samples
- Assist with research and preparation of sample requests for paint deco department prototyping and domestic production
- Assist with contact, scheduling, and follow up with freelancers
- Research and help to develop new product and program ideas, themes, and concepts
- Assist with completing production definition sheets for new or refreshed items
- Research and write captions for Breyer equine instructional and informational sheets (e.g., activity books, craft kit brochures, etc.)
- Organize, manage, and update master archive room and Breyer library
- Assist Marketing and Product Development teams as needed including responding to consumer suggestions and inquiries, working with horse owners to develop models of their horses, research content for copywriters, facilitate agreements, manage special projects, etc.
- Some domestic travel required to assist internal Events staff, possible international travel
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as necessary
- Horse knowledge a must – colors, breeds, and disciplines
- Fine arts course study helpful, but not required
- Ability to discern and articulate subtle differences between prototype and counter sample
- Photoshop or word skills required to add comments to photos to illustrate product issues as clearly as possible
- Must be very organized and time-sensitive to manage busy workload and schedule w/ lots of details
- Team player, positive attitude
- Full time, in-house position only (Pequannock, NJ office)
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in a pleasant, suburban work environment. Please respond to email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.