Arabian Horse Association
Executive Vice President
Purpose of Role:
The Role of EVP (Executive Vice President) reports to the AHA President, in accordance with the approved budgets, policies and directives of the Convention Delegates, Board of Directors, Executive Committee and President. The EVP of the Arabian Horse Association (AHA) shall lead and inspire staff by ensuring the vision and values of the association are modeled and shared across the organization. The EVP is accountable for the implementation of a corporate initiative and achievement of goals in the strategic plans.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Association.
- Ensure that AHA’s rules, policies and procedures are implemented, followed and upheld in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provide timely communications with the President, Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Recommend, manage, and execute projects/strategic initiative(s) delivery as assigned by the President, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Represent the AHA at all times including but not limited to our four national shows, annual convention, and various other equine related events.
- Lead talent management by attracting and retaining personnel to create a robust and collaborative organization.
- Communicate effectively to members, customers, partners and lead by example by being costumer and people focused.
- Development of business plans (short and long term), staff information, expectation management and operational initiatives that result in furthering the goals of the Arabian Horse Association.
- Proven leadership and managerial excellence with ability to build high performing team.
- Proven leadership style that is action oriented, directive, collaborative and inclusive.
- Strong executive-level communication skills (listening, written, verbal, presentation).
- Experience in overseeing a budget of more than $10+ million and a staff of 50+.
- Ability to track and manage profit and loss.
- Experience dealing with confidential and legal matters including managing outside counsel.
- Proven experience developing innovative approaches, programs, and events.
- Must be comfortable and able to speak at public events to large audiences.
- Knowledge and experience in Marketing and sales of products and services.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- This role cannot be considered for remote employees. Candidate must live in Colorado and be able to commute to Aurora, CO.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with 10 or more years of related experience – MBA strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time within the U.S. and internationally.
- Experience in leading an equine business or membership association with a large and diverse board.
- Proven experience developing alliances and business partnerships.
- Must be able to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arabian Horse Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.