Friends of Sound Horses (FOSH) is seeking a contract, freelance magazine editor. FOSH is a 20+ year national nonprofit organization that supports and promotes gaited horses in all equine pleasures and disciplines. FOSH offers a robust set of resources for the gaited horse enthusiast whose needs are often not addressed in mainstream media or clubs. FOSH is known for its work to end soring of Tennessee Walking Horses through publicity, media awareness and grassroots activism.
FOSH publishes a bimonthly online magazine of 24-36 pages. Editor is responsible for complete production of The Sound Advocate using their own publishing software.
Candidate should be a motivated self-starter and enthusiastic about growing recognition of gaited horses and the FOSH mission. Applicants should have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write copy and edit submitted materials
- Knowledge of social media platforms, such as FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram
- Knowledge of horses: welfare, disciplines, breeds, colors
- Background in public relations, marketing journalism or a related field
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Complete editing, layout and production of bimonthly magazine
- Follow up with writers and photographers regarding submissions
- Research to develop ideas for articles
- Developing social media messages
- Writing occasional press releases
- Development of opportunities for reprinting of Sound Advocate articles
- Interviewing FOSH members, winners of FOSH awards, sound horse advocates and gaited horse enthusiasts
Please submit a cover letter, resume, sample work and fee requirements to email@example.com
AHP has not verified the factual statements in any job posting and AHP assumes no responsibility for the contents of, or any damage resulting from, any communication in the CareerTrack. Listing in the CareerTrack is not an endorsement by the organization of any employer, person, or policy.