Retired Racehorse Project has an immediate opening for a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant is a full-time, salaried position which reports to our Edgewater, Maryland office.
The primary duties of the Program Assistant are:
- Serve as the Secretary for the Thoroughbred Makeover, which includes customer service for Makeover trainers, records management for entries, scheduling of ride times, and stall assignments.
- Fulfill online store orders and manage inventory
- Complete mailings of membership materials and other mailings as needed
- Assist moderating RRP social media pages and monitoring email inboxes for service-related inquiries
- Aid in the distribution of Off-Track Thoroughbred Magazine and other promotional materials
- Data entry/maintenance projects relating to membership records or the Thoroughbred Makeover
- Other tasks as assigned by senior staff
- Strong computer knowledge. This position heavily utilizes a web-based CRM and show management application, Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience in either sport horse or Thoroughbred racing industries
- The candidate who will be most successful in this position is a lover of processes, efficiency, and organization and is thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to stand, walk, and lift and carry 25 pounds regularly. Occasional event attendance also requires prolonged periods of standing and walking as well as lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
- Available to travel (<5%) for events as needed with adequate notice. Must be available to attend the Thoroughbred Makeover in October in Kentucky.
- Must have driver’s license and own transportation
This position is best suited for an entry level professional looking to gain experience in the non-profit sector with emphasis on customer service, event planning, and Thoroughbred Aftercare. There is the possibility for growth in this position for the right individual.
While the RRP does offer schedule flexibility and the ability to work from home occasionally, this position is not suitable for remote candidates.
Candidates may email their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.