Boutique Social Media and Consulting Agency, Grand Slam Social, is looking for an Account Manager to join our growing team. The Account Manager is creative and insightful, always looking for ways to help the team, agency and clients reach full potential. On assigned accounts, the Account Manager is an engaged, proactive partner and consultant who supports Co-Founders in managing client relationships and building/executing strategies. The Account Manager leads by example, exuding innovative thinking, problem-solving and a "do the right thing" approach. We’re looking for someone who has excellent time management and project management skills who will help enable the team to deliver best results.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading integrated campaigns and successfully navigating client relationships, with equal pride in helping clients achieve business results. Digital/social experience and familiarity is a must. The Account Manager will report to the Founders/Managing Partners. Travel will be required.
- Manage projects from conception to execution on time and within budget
- Lead the charge in creating, executing and managing strategic plans. Individual research will be key in order to ensure a deep understanding of client businesses
- Lead teams in account planning and strategy, building detailed creative briefs and assigning roles and next steps for account planning
- Oversee account teams to ensure successful results and maintain client satisfaction
- Support Co-Founders in managing multiple client relationships, provide strategic recommendations and vision
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, and consistently providing feedback
- Collaborate with co-founders to reinforce and carry out the company culture and vision; identify project sticking points and get ahead of issues with actionable solutions
- Willing to jump in to help the team at any level if and when needed
- Bring innovative and creative ideas to the table that are on brand
- Identify opportunities to improve internal process and suggest agency-wide improvements that will help GSS evolve
- Creative-minded with the ability to think outside of the box in order to deliver unique campaign concepts to clients
- Possesses strong time management and project management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both internally and externally)
- Intuitive and able to effectively engage with clients and identify needs
- Thrives under pressure and is able to juggle multiple projects, is results-driven and solution-minded
- Possess a firm understanding of the social media and digital media landscape, including Paid, Earned, Shared and Owned, and able to spot emerging trends within each discipline
- Willingness to go the extra mile and pursue excellence with every assignment or challenge
- Experience executing paid campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube is preferred
- Knowledge of the horse racing industry and/or equestrian sports is preferred
- Background in sports and/or events is preferred
- Loves to travel!
- A relevant undergraduate degree such as Communications, Marketing/PR, or Business is required.
- 4-6 years of professional experience working in-house or at an agency in the Marketing, Communications or Social Media Department.
- This is a full-time salaried position, weekend availability will be required
- Grand Slam Social is a remote agency without a brick and mortar location. This position will require a suitable home office or remote workspace.
- Preferred states for applicants: California, New York, Kentucky, Florida, Texas