Job Title: Youth Programs Intern
Internship Length: May 2020 - July 2020
Salary: Unpaid. Travel expenses will be paid for on behalf of AHA including flight, hotel and per diem.
Application Method: Please submit resumes to Cristina.firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTRODUCTION: As a full-service breed association, the Arabian Horse Association seeks to meet the breeding, competitive and recreational interests of all Arabian horse owners. As the official breed registry for the Arabian horse industry, the AHA Registry has registered more than 1 million Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horses since its founding in 1908, ensuring the integrity and perpetuation of the breed.
AHA offers events and competitions bringing together to share the joys of Arabian horse ownership. Membership in the AHA has its privileges and provides access to registration, programs, competitions and other services.
- Assist with planning and execution of youth fundraising event
- Manage orders for youth and general AHA booth in the box and promotional orders
- Monitor RYTT contest and results, help establish way of tracking points electronically and assist with updates to program
- Assist with preparations and orders for Judging and Hippology contest
- Assist in soliciting and communicating with youth sponsors
- Assist in social media presence
- Assist in promotional material updates and rewrites
- Perform other marketing duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned
GOALS: The AHA Youth Programs Intern will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to run events and manage youth programs. At the duration of the internship, the intern will have developed a list of contacts within the equine industry and seen a fundraiser through the entire process of planning, development, and execution.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: Seeking an individual majoring in an equine program, education, marketing, or related field, who desires to learn more about youth programs and breed associations and develop skills to work within the horse industry.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to follow-through with a project.
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and able to multi-task.
- Horse experience and knowledge.
- Social media experience a plus.
- Must be able and willing to travel as required.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Can walk, stand, and sit for long periods.
- Able to work on a computer for long periods.
The Arabian Horse Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.