Title: Advertising Sales Representative
Reports to: Director of Advertising
The primary responsibility of the Advertising Sales Representative will be to develop, market and sell advertising products and services across all verticals, while prospecting and building a global customer base. This is a 100% commission based, remote position.
- Sell ads to existing and new advertisers – Horse Illustrated, Young Rider, Hobby Farms and Chickens Magazine .Online, print, and digital components.
- Use proprietary systems to maintain customer database, track results, provide customer service and growth opportunities
- Work lead lists to cold call and identify new advertisers
- Collaborate with advertisers and marketing on materials for the creation of ad designs if needed.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with Editorial/Advertising partners
- Attend industry trade shows
- Other duties or special projects, as assigned
Competencies and Key Skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate relationships as well as secure new business through face to face, e-mail and phone interaction(s)
- Knowledge of the equine and/or agriculture industry, a plus
- Demonstrated experience with sales planning, sales strategy development and reporting skills
- Results oriented with proven and documented history of successful sales
- Professional attitude and appearance required
- Must be self-motivated and goals/quota driven and demonstrate ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of successful, professional sales experience required
Please send resume and cover letter to Robert Turnbo: RTurnbo@beckett.com