The Director of Digital Marketing executes marketing, fundraising, and advocacy initiatives across multiple digital platforms to drive advocacy outcomes and raise revenue. The director works with colleagues in developing content across the website, email, social media, mobile, and paid digital advertising that targets and engages the organization’s key audiences, and plays a leading role in channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation, analytics, and reporting. Preferred candidate would be from the DC/MD/VA area but will consider a remote individual on east coast time zone.
- Develop innovative, creative and effective digital marketing initiatives campaigns to maximize revenue, recruit advocates, support mission outcomes, and retain donors and advocates.
- Contribute to the editorial and content strategy for key digital properties. Ensure that content is on-brand; consistent in style and tone of voice; and optimized for conversion across all digital channels. Write, edit, coordinate, curate, and keep updated a wide range of content to achieve the organization’s digital goals.
- Partner with CEO and other staff to ensure digital communications are aligned in messaging, timing, and offer with both organizational priorities and with outreach to major donors and other stakeholders.
- Manage a paid digital acquisition budget to maximize return on investment across paid social, paid search, paid programmatic, Google Adwords, and other channels.
- Help manage relationships with key vendors who provide digital marketing tools, website content management, strategy, paid advertising, and other services.
- Perform frequent testing to gauge digital marketing effectiveness. Monitor analytics, and recommend changes for improving content and processes.
- Keep abreast of, and implement, best practices, strategies, and tactics to recruit advocates and maximize donor conversion and retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in online communications, marketing, or related fields. Experience in a nonprofit advocacy organization, or with an agency that works with advocacy clients, strongly preferred.
- Experience with creating compelling messages that convey key messages and brand themes, using words and powerful imagery, in ways that compel audiences to take action or donate.
- Proven editorial skills and experience managing editorial schedules and deadlines within ongoing campaigns.
- Advanced project-management, team-management, and client-management skills. Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage key internal and external stakeholders and relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and tackle a high volume of marketing initiatives.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment. Ability to act quickly and change course as needed.
- Demonstrated success in marketing to and engaging culturally diverse audiences and partners.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Expertise in key business software applications (e.g., Engaging Networks, PowerPoint, etc). Familiarity with Google Adwords. Proficiency with web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications, and social media monitoring platforms. Familiarity with other software, including databases, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required.
Interested parties may contact Marty Irby, Animal Wellness Action at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-821-5686