Position Announcement: Development Officer
Established in 1994 as the AAEP Foundation and renamed in 2019 as The Foundation for the Horse, our mission is to improve the welfare of horses by funding Education, Research, and Benevolence projects.
This position is key to The Foundation’s emphasis on cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding equine veterinarians, horse owners, and industry leaders as part of a growing major gifts team pursuing a higher level of financial support for our vital mission.
Primary job duties include the following:
- Manage a portfolio of 125 +/- major gift donors and prospects;
- Develop cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies per individual donor/prospect;
- Out-of-office travel up to 23 weeks annually (mostly out-of-state, some in-state);
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors/prospects on behalf of The Foundation;
- Achieve annual performance goals regarding donor/prospect visits, solicitations, and funds raised;
- Provide timely contact reports and accurate donor data for file;
- Actively participate in team and organizational meetings;
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of nonprofit experience in Fundraising/Development
- Mission-driven, goal-oriented
The Foundation for the Horse is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY. To apply, please submit resume and a one-page cover letter to Dr. Paul Ransdell at email@example.com.