The American Quarter Horse Association is seeking a Director of Champions Shows
Located in Amarillo, Texas
Primary function is to provide overall direction of AQHA’s Championship Shows with guidance from the AQHA Chief Show Officer, CFO/CSO, CEO and Executive Committee. Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities related to AQHA’s Championships Shows that deliver an unparalleled experience for the Association’s members. An ideal candidate would have proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting and enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. Organization, communication and leadership skills should be second to none with a strong focus on follow through. The Director of Championships Shows will work closely with the Chief Show Officer to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success for AQHA.
- Serve as show coordinator for AQHA’s championship show series; Level 1, VRH, AQHYA, Select, AQHA World Championship Shows and Regional Championships.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Work with the Show Department Business Manager in the development of financial and budgetary plans for the championship shows, ensuring activities are delivered under budget.
- Oversee relationships with external partners and vendors including RFP procurement and contract negotiations.
- Annually review and recommend possible changes for the championship show handbooks and the AQHA Official Handbook of Rules and Regulations.
- Serve as a staff liaison for the AQHA Show Committee and Show Council.
- Coordinate, investigate and respond to complaints with regards to violations of show rules.
- Provide support for the overall success of the AQHA show program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased success.
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Masterful organizational, communication and leadership skills demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources with a focus on follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree or on-the-job work-related experience.