Position Title: Account Manager, Western Horseman, Barrel Horse News, Quarter Horse News, BHN and QHN Stallion Registers, NBHA and WCBRA
Work Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Start Date: Open
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to VP Enthusiast and Equine Division
MCC Magazines, specifically, the Morris Equine Publishing Group is seeking an energetic, highly confident, hard-working and self-motivated individual to retain and grow our existing base of clients as well as generate new social, digital, print and sponsorship advertising revenues. This will be accomplished by assessing the business’s needs and developing partnerships with clients through in-person (and virtual) sales calls along with networking events, and digital and social media interaction.
The Account Manager will craft customized proposals while offering solutions to meet our clients’ goals. Through effective execution of prospecting, unparalleled account service along with innovative approaches to curating new business, the Account Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding individual issue and monthly digital revenue goals for the company.
To be a successful leader of the sales department, one must be a consummate professional, ethical and able to juggle multiple tasks while building a long-term business relationship with prospective and active advertising clients. It is imperative that the Account Manager embodies the mission and morals of the Morris Media Network company while representing the Morris Equine Group Brands; Quarter Horse News, QuarterHorseNews.com, QHN Stallion Register, Western Horseman, WesternHorseman.com, Barrel Horse News, BarrelHorseNews.com and our event properties, Road to the Horse, National Barrel Horse Association and West Coast Barrel Horse Association.
- Expand sales by upselling and growing current accounts in addition to recruiting and finding new advertisers for the magazine and our portfolio of products including digital, events and custom publishing
- Build and generate ongoing customer relationships to provide strategic marketing plans in order to meet customer’s sales expectations
- Establish and develop client relationships, contact key accounts, work with clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising
- Generate advertising sales packages, negotiate advertising rates and programs, schedule and oversee creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations
- Develop short term and long range ad campaign plans with an eye on revenue growth
- Attain individual monthly, quarterly and annual advertising sales revenue goals while maintaining corresponding reports for management
- Other job-related functions as required
Base pay plus commissions and annual incentive
A University or College degree along with 3-5 years minimum outside media sales experience including social, digital, print, broadcast, OOH or similar. In addition to 5-8 years of Equine industry work experience is preferred.
This position operates from a Fort Worth, Texas professional office environment. This role routinely uses cloud and VPN based office equipment such as laptops computers, telephones, mobile phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as sales and marketing job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, present, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and effectively speak and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Morris Communications provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Morris Communications complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume and cover letter to John Lunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Magazine Division // Mission Statements
- Morris Communications Vision – three tenets: Educate, Inspire and Inform We are an agile, innovative, market-driven multimedia company, leading our markets by building strong communities. Our vision is to be the eminent source of news, information, advertising, entertainment and related services in the markets we serve.
- Quarter Horse News® – Quarter Horse News serves the western performance horse industry as a whole, with an emphasis on the disciplines of cutting, reining and reined cow horse. The website strives to offer the news, information and statistics industry participants need to succeed, as well as timely coverage of major events. QHN adheres to truthful, unbiased reporting and is unafraid to tackle controversial issues that impact the industry and its players. It always endeavors to go beyond what is expected in the telling of interesting and unique stories about riders, owners, breeders and horses. https://www.quarterhorsenews.com/
- Western Horseman®– Authentic, cowboy spirit and stock horses are the foundation of our 85 years. Our mission is to provide readers with the most up-to-date, educational and entertaining information pertaining to stock horses, delivering stories that celebrate authenticity, cowboy spirit and the Western way of life. Our editorial content includes training articles, horse management tips, backcountry insight, personality profiles, stories about great horses and legendary ranches, behind-the-scenes information on horse shows and rodeos, and spotlights on gear makers and Western artists. https://westernhorseman.com/
- Barrel Horse News® is the leading voice of barrel racing in the industry. The mission of our devoted team is to deliver informative and professionally crafted articles of relevance to our ever-evolving and complex barrel racing industry. We provide unique, original content on all things barrel racing—from regional to professional competition, futurities, derbies, industry news, horse health features, in depth training, horsemanship articles, and more. We have long taken pride in working to be the most trusted voice in the industry for readers of all ages and skill levels—we love and live this lifestyle ourselves. #yoursportyourmagazine
- Events & Associations: National Barrel Horse Association, West Coast Barrel Racing Association, Road to the Horse
- Morris Equine Group Custom: The Cutting Horse, Chatter – NCHA’s member magazine, The Reiner – NRHA’s Association magazine, Reined Cow Horse News – NRCHA’s bi-monthly magazine