Hagyard Pharmacy is a full-service equine pharmacy located in Lexington, Kentucky. It is affiliated with the Hagyard Equine Medical Institute and its 145 years of equine veterinary experience, making it the number one name in equine health. This affiliation gives Hagyard Pharmacy a unique perspective in providing compounds, over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, and supplements to the equine industry. As one of the premiere brands in the equine healthcare industry, Hagyard Pharmacy is looking to add focus to its brand communication through this full-time position within the organization. This role will be instrumental in leading Hagyard Pharmacy to be as innovative in marketing communication as it is in veterinary specialty pharmacy.
- Organizes and supports all external and internal marketing and communications efforts.
- Works in conjunction with Hagyard Pharmacy sales reps and marketing agency partners to develop marketing communication tools to support sales efforts, including collateral materials and promotional merchandise.
- Organizes and supports development of an integrated marketing communications plan, including but not limited to promotion planning and timing, email marketing, content marketing, advertising (online and offline) and social media.
- Coordinates with key Pharmacy personnel and leadership to organize content and publish internal monthly newsletter to Hagyard organization (Practice & Pharmacy).
- Organizes and supports updates to the Hagyard Pharmacy and Resolvet web site content, ensuring it is current and aligns with external communication. Also works with Pharmacy Manager and CFO\designated accounting personnel to ensure pricing is syncing correctly and informs accounting of any sync issues.
- Works with “Practice” Events Manager as needed to provide Pharmacy materials at trade shows and industry events that have joint promotional opportunities. This includes but is not limited to: trade show booth graphic updates, booth communication materials (event-specific POS, collateral, etc.), coordination of Hagyard product samples to be distributed, event-specific promotions development and support materials, pre/post/during-event communication, booth visitor data capture and organization.
- In conjunction with Hagyard leadership and sales reps, coordinates marketing communications needs to support relationships with strategic partners (sponsors, sponsored riders, charitable organizations, manufacturer partners, domestic & international distributors).
- Assists in coordinating marketing vendor relationships to maximize quality and value, including but not limited to outsource marketing firms, trade industry publications, printers, and merchandising manufacturers.
- Resource and brand ambassador to those within Hagyard Pharmacy who need materials to support presentations, speaking engagements or strategic meetings.
Champion internal communication within the Pharmacy and the Practice.
- Assist key Pharmacy personnel and leadership to maintain best practices by:
- maintaining a “library” of training materials, pamphlets, videos as needed to support education and cross-training of “front-line” personnel in new pharmacy products, changes in existing pharmacy products, and other Pharmacy information that helps enhance the customer service experience;
- provide timely updates and communications regarding promotions, and Resolvet line updates that help front-line personnel enhance customer service;
- Provide ongoing communication tools in support of the above.
- Assists in developing annual marketing and advertising budgets to support in-market sales efforts.
- In conjunction with Hagyard Pharmacy leadership, assists with tracking budget for marketing team.
- Assists Hagyard Pharmacy leadership with reporting needs as directed|necessary, including but not limited to sales and analytics that can help inform marketing communication efforts.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining Hagyard Pharmacy marketing communication assets, including documents, collateral, photos acquired, videos acquired, art files for branded merchandise.
- Marketing communications experience, preferably in pharmaceuticals, or animal pharmaceutical industries, or both.
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and customer service skills to serve internal “customers”
> Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal; a service-oriented communicator who is a true team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Package — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, Outlook, and Access. InDesign, Photoshop and other graphics software skills a plus.
- Experience using WordPress or similar content management system tool preferred.
- Some experience I video production (short-form/social media support) also valuable.
- Experience using Magento Marketplace or similar web management & ERP tools preferred.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs when handling products, samples, and related marketing materials.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.