Breyer Animal Creations® (www.breyerhorses.com) was a finalist for the 2020 National Toy Hall of Fame as well as for the 2020 and 2021 Equine Industry Vision Award. Known for exquisite replicas of horses of all breeds including Triple Crown Winners and Olympians, Breyer is the home of fun toys, crafts and play sets. BreyerFest® is an annual immersive brand event attracting over 34,000 in-person attendees and thousands more from 100+ countries through virtual participation. Breyer’s partnership with Imagine Entertainment includes the development of a live action series titled Breyer Hollow. Located in Northern New Jersey, 72-year -old Breyer is a family-owned business.
We are seeking an eager, enthusiastic Product Development Assistant for our Breyer model horse lines who is ready to put their horse knowledge (colors, breeds, and disciplines) to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and creative environment.
- Be a Breyer expert on horse industry trends related to tack, accessories, apparel, disciplines, popular horses, breeds, model horse hobby activities and trends
- Become fully versed on all Breyer horses and tooling
- Understand Breyer model horse product quality standards and conduct product quality and decoration review reports of prototype master samples and production samples
- Assist with research and preparation of sample requests for paint deco department prototyping and domestic production
- Assist with contact, scheduling, and follow up with freelance artists
- Research and help to develop new product and program ideas, themes, and concepts
- Assist with completing detailed production documents for manufacturing purposes
- Research and write captions for Breyer equine instructional and informational sheets (e.g., activity books, craft kit brochures, etc.)
- Organize, manage, and update master archive room and Breyer library
- Assist Marketing and Product Development teams as needed including responding to consumer suggestions and inquiries, working with horse owners to develop models of their horses, research content for copywriters, facilitate agreements, manage special projects, etc.
- Some domestic travel required to assist internal Events staff
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as necessary
- Horse knowledge a must – colors, breeds, and disciplines
- Proficient in photoshop
- Organized and time-sensitive with a high attention to detail absolutely required
- Team player with a positive attitude; comfortable in an office environment
- Because of the hands-on work with models, this position is on-site in our Pequannock, NJ office. Full time and part time considered.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in a pleasant, suburban work environment. Please respond to email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.