Please make sure to attach both a resume and cover letter to complete your application.
The ASPCA’s Equine Welfare department has an ambitious strategic plan aimed at assuring all equines have good welfare. One of the ways we aim to achieve this goal is by growing the options horses’ owners have to relinquish their horses when they are unable to rehome them themselves. The ASPCA Equine Transition Center (ETC) Pilot is the next phase of our work in the open admission arena and aims to address solutions for the “hard to adopt” equines.
The Equine Adoption & Marketing (EAM) Specialist plays a vital role in building the demand for horses that have been a challenge for adoption organizations to place in homes. The EAM Specialist will be responsible for testing marketing approaches, creating and testing adoption profiles on the MyRightHorse.org adoption platform, promoting ETC horses for adoption, engaging with potential adopters to help them find their right match, conducting adopter follow-up, and teaching the learnings from the program to shelters and rehoming groups.
If you are a professional with strong marketing and client relations skills, have an open mind, outstanding interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment and independently with a high degree of integrity and accountability, read on.
This position is based in El Reno, OK and is open to all candidates willing to relocate to or who already reside in the El Reno, OK vicinity.
Responsibilities: Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Marketing Equines and building adopter pool (40%)
- Develop and execute marketing plans for various populations of adoptable horses to test and identify best practices for engaging adopters
- Assist in the development of standardized techniques for marketing hard-to-place equines to potential adopters
- Identify new opportunities to reach potential adopters and grow the adopter pool
- Utilize social media to create and execute adoption promotions primarily on Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok (along with emerging platforms)
- Coordinate with the Equine Behavior and Training Specialist to capture photo and videos to promote adoptable horses
- Work with the Equine Behavior and Training Specialist to identify best practices for timely video and photo collection for adoptable horses
- Work with the Equine Behavior and Training Specialist to create presentations on ETC programs for shelters and rehoming groups.
- Create and maintain profiles for adoptable ETC horses on myrighthorse.org
Engaging with Potential Adopters (30%)
- Respond to adoption inquires using a conversation-based approach and strong focus on outstanding customer service
- Coordinate with the Equine Behavior and Training Specialist to schedule adoption appointments and support the adopter through the process
- Develop engagement plans for adopters who are not ready to match with one of the horses currently available at the ETC
- Follow up with adoption inquiries after adoption appointments to keep them engaged and cultivate them as supporters, advocates and candidates for continued adoption
- Follow up with adoption inquiries who do not result in an appointment to support them through their journey and test methods to cultivate them as adopters
- Identify opportunities to integrate adoption messaging and ETC horses into local equine events
- Follow up with ETC adopters to assist with challenges, celebrate adoption successes and capture adoption stories
Documentation and Data Tracking (30%)
- Track key metrics on social media, Google Analytics and myrighthorse.org to quantify and develop marketing protocols for specific equine populations
- Meet regularly with the team to assess impact of marketing plans, innovate and adjust to improve metrics
- Develop a progress tracker to track, evaluate and analyze adopter interactions and progression
- Organize, collect and track metrics related to video, photos and copy for adoptable horses
- As procedures are developed, demonstrate and teach them to other collaborators so they can be successfully implemented in partner programs
Exemplifies the ASPCA’s Core Values:
- Has Commitment and dedication to improving the lives of animals
- Demonstrates Ownership and feels responsible for outcomes
- Believes in Team – that we are stronger together
- Seeks to Elevate others and reimagine what is possible.
- Focuses on Impact, specifically making change for animals
- At least 3 years of experience in social media engagement and marketing
- At least 2 years of experience in data entry and management
- At least 2 years of experience in client relations or similar
- At least 2 years of equine experience
- Farm, ranch or equine management experience a plus
- Experience in sheltering a plus
- In depth knowledge of all aspects of social media
- Strong photography and videography skills
- Strong understanding of key digital metrics through Facebook, Instagram and Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge of equine husbandry
- Basic knowledge of equines and the equine industry
- Basic awareness of positions of animal welfare organizations, veterinary associations and industry groups on equine issues
- Understanding of different disciplines, trends and consumer motivations in the equine industry
- Knowledge of Excel, Airtable and similar
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to influence positive outcomes
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to create compelling copy that moves potential adopters to action
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to connect with all individuals
- Ability to think creatively and innovate on novel approaches to engage potential adopters
- Excellent ability to think through a task and ask questions for clarity
- Ability to work independently
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (strong Excel skills required) and online research
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must provide a valid driver’s license upon hire and pass a motor vehicle history check demonstrating a safe driving history.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time as needed (Please note, travel requirements may be modified temporarily due in part to COVID-19; this remains a requirement of the position, and we expect normal travel volume to resume as the organization resumes normal operations)
- Undergraduate degree with a focus on marketing/communications
- Graduate Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience a plus
See above for qualifications details.
English (Required), Spanish
Education and Work Experience:
Our EEO Policy:
The ASPCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the ASPCA’s standard application process, which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the ASPCA. Please inform the ASPCA’s People Team if you need an accommodation in order to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, age, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
ASPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Please don’t forget to attach your resume and cover letter to complete your application.