BloodHorse LLC, the leading provider of information and news for the Thoroughbred industry, has an opening for a Digital Design Manager in its Lexington, Kentucky office.
BloodHorse LLC is a dynamic multimedia company that produces the BloodHorse monthly magazine; an industry-leading website at Bloodhorse.com; the newly launched BH+, a web-based subscription section featuring premium content; and BloodHorse Daily, a PDF and mobile news service that provides analysis and all-day updates for racing and breeding professionals.
BloodHorse LLC also manages a broad range of social-media platforms and publishes a range of other respected Thoroughbred industry-focused publications.
The Digital Design Manager acts as the day-to-day team leader for the BloodHorse digital media team. The person in this role is an expert in best practices across all digital media channels including our BloodHorse Daily, BloodHorse.com, and social media.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead design of digital and web-based products. Ensure branding is consistent with corporate guidelines and industry standards.
- Oversee BloodHorse’s Senior Web Producer and Digital Content Coordinator.
- Assist the BloodHorse Daily team in producing and enhancing the Daily PDF, email, and app.
- Traffic and load Daily ads as they arrive each day, and set up each day’s edition by updating the template for that day, pulling lists into the InDesign document, placing ads and creating hyperlinks, and updating the ad list.
- Communicate with reps and clients on outstanding ads, ads needing to be resized, ensuring proper click through links are provided.
- Work with editorial team to plan, create, and deliver digital elements and layouts.
- Help create charts and other Daily elements as required.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technology.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the BloodHorse photo collection by downloading photos, adding metadata, and processing them in the BloodHorse CMS and archiving them in Extensis Portfolio.
- Conduct photo searches as needed for digital and other products.
- Help manage aspects of BloodHorse.com content, including video, audio, photo, and community monitoring.
- Assist with social media. Manage sponsored posts and social calendar.
- Post and promote blog posts in Community Server, on BloodHorse.com, and social media.
- Review weekly newsletters.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience managing a team and projects.
- Strong graphic design experience with a contemporary design sensibility and ability to maintain brand consistency across platforms and projects.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Familiarity with InDesign scripts and XML.
- Ability to multi-task and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities will require some regularly scheduled evening and weekend work.
- Normal office environment.
- Requires work using a telephone and computer.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact: Meredith Helm (Mhelm@jockeyclub.com) for more information