LEG Up Media is a boutique equine marketing and PR firm owned by The Langer Group.
LEG Up Media seeks an entry-level marketing assistant to join its robust and growing team. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and organized individual with an interest learning about equine-related marketing and social media.
- Solid grammar skills. Knowledge of AP style is helpful.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Comfortable using Facebook and Instagram.
- Photography or videography experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with horses and the equestrian sport.
- A degree in marketing, communications, journalism, PR, or similar field would be assetbut not a requirement.
General Job Duties:
- Assist with all aspects of social media marketing content planning, creation, and execution for various LEG Up Media clients.
- Help with basic website updates using WordPress (no knowledge of HTML required).
- Interface with clients and vendors, as needed.
- Maintain points tracking of special horse show programs.
- Format press releases using email marketing software such as Constant Contact.
- Basic graphic design work (mainly updating pre-existing templates) using Adobe
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Writing short newsletters and press releases.
- Office management work, e.g. ordering supplies, etc.
- Wednesday-Sunday – 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Full time. Weekends Required)
- In-person position in Burbank, CA
- Limited travel to horse shows will be required
We have an office cat, so don’t apply if you have allergies!
Send resumes and any samples of work (writing, photography, or social media) to firstname.lastname@example.org.