Job Title: Key Account Manager – North America (KAM)
Reports to: Commercial Manager – Global (CM)
Key Relationships: Customer Services (CS)
Brand Manager (BM) Marketing Executive (ME)
Location: Home Office Based – with travel throughout the territory
Date: December 2021
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To manage and develop key trade accounts across the territory in order to maximise the distribution and market share of Carr & Day & Martin (CDM) and any other required Connolly’s RED MILLS (CRM) products.
To enhance the reputation and standing of the company in the market by building strong customer relationships providing exceptional sales support, category expertise and ongoing education.
To manage the business relationship with Top Customers to gain market share, optimise customer support for CDM products and develop, negotiate and implement Partnership Programme plans including forecasting and monitoring of agreed objectives.
This is a national role and as such may require up to eight nights away from home on a monthly basis.
ENVIRONMENT OF THE ROLE
Carr & Day & Martin is a global market leader in horse care, with the best quality, premium products.
The North American equine care market is full of competitors vying for physical and digital shelf space in a static market place. CDM therefore has the opportunity to have a stand out level of professionalism within the industry by providing outstanding customer service, sales recommendation, education and merchandising advice in an overall support package that will ensure the success of our customers and our brand.
The KAM will be required to create strong and lasting relationships with a variety of customer types, understand needs first, and find win/win situations, to ensure we are a key supplier in the minds of customers.
The KAM should be credible on the product category and eCommerce, and leave no stone unturned to find opportunities to increase distribution and market share of our products.
You are an experienced sales person, having a proven track record in key account management with experience with multi-site retailers and eCommerce. Now looking for a challenge in a new growing team, you are self-disciplined, and self-motivated to be able to accept overseas management and ownership.
You are an outstanding negotiator who seeks to discover common ground, identify vital interests, and understand the customer’s underlying priorities. Curiosity allows you to understand their strategies, policies and procedures, future plans as well as their digital tools and assets. Being service-oriented: you don’t work for yourself, but for our team and our customer. You enjoy the idea of ‘building relationships’, and negotiating with and selling to customers.
You are well organized, structured, with proven ability to develop strategy, lead negotiations and translate this into actionable plans with win-win opportunities.
- Manage all contact and activities with assigned accounts providing proactive and responsive customer service
- Seek to understand first, then be understood
- Build value in the CDM Trust Account with each account
- Build key relationships with internal stakeholders in a cross functional team to ensure targets are met and plans are executed
- Ensure the overall monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans for the territory are achieved or exceeded.
- Maintain and cultivate the number of ‘active’ CDM accounts in the area
- Maintain and increase distribution and listings of CDM product SKUs in all active accounts
- Achieve maximum presence and positioning of our products in each outlet
- Highlight and action potential to expand brand portfolio, with consideration to all relevant CRM opportunities.
- Proficient in analysis tools and leveraging data to build business cases
- Ensure regular contact with decision makers via personal visits and remote contact
- Plan and implement an effective call cycle
- Maintain a forward planning calendar at least two weeks in advance
Marketing and Merchandising
- Effectively execute quarterly marketing activities, including but not limited to product promotions, added value promotion and customer incentives.
- Work to increase the number of customers subscribing to work with Quarterly campaigns to increase product range and depth.
- To provide all related marketing materials including in store merchandising, digital and social assets.
- Build clear business cases for investment in SEO and activation
- Submit detailed weekly call reports to the CM using the Maximizer system and via email.
- Complete customer updates after each visit clearly identifying, qualifying and quantifying opportunities
- Supply detailed analysis of all sales activities
- Provide market and competitor information from the territory
- Become proficient and comfortable with the company’s Diver Sales System
- Analyse sales figures and reports and use them to maximum effect
- Propose remedial action when analysis indicates deviation from plan
- Share creative ideas with team members and management to ensure best practice
- Strive for continuous improvement in what we do and how we do it
The KAM must be flexible and open to take on responsibilities that are not detailed in this job description. You will be required to
- Work additional or anti-social hours as required to meet the needs of the business
- Attend sales meetings or training as required at the company’s offices which are inclusive of UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope and purpose of the job, as requested by their line manager
The post-holder will:
- Have proven sales skills in a customer-driven environment
- Understand concept selling and how to position Premium Brands
- Have good knowledge and understanding of horses and the Equestrian community
- Have at least four years previous sales experience in a similar role
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Possess above average IT skills
This person will be:
- A quick learner
- Able to work under own initiative
- Hard working
- A team player
The post holder will be expected to:
- Act with honesty and integrity at all times
- Demonstrate high standards of personal conduct
- Value and respect colleagues and other members of staff
- Work with others to develop and improve our services
- Take personal responsibility for their words and actions and the quality of service they deliver
- Familiarise themselves with the company Vision Map and uphold the company’s core values
IF THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: Nicola.email@example.com