The Appaloosa Journal is the official publication of the Appaloosa Horse Club. One of the longest-running, award-winning equine breed journals in the world – has been a full color publication serving the members of the Appaloosa Horse Club and equine enthusiasts. Appaloosa Journal reaches readers in all 50 U.S. states and in more than 23 countries throughout the world, both in print and online.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an individual with organizational strengths and knowledge of the equine and publishing industry to become a part of the Appaloosa Horse Club team. In this position you will ensure accuracy, quality, and timely delivery of publication. We are looking for an Editor that can juggle all the moving parts of the publication, including online content. You will plan, coordinate, review editorial content and approve all proofs.
Position Available: Immediately
- Prepares and submits Appaloosa Journal budget
- Ensure projects stay on time and within budget
- Liaison with printer and print vendors; including bids, contracts and schedules
- Create layout of the journal
- Writes, edits, prepares, and proofs all editorial content (both print and online)
- Submits print order to printer
- Provide all journal subscription files to printer
- Handles journal circulation inquiries regarding subscriptions and journal delivery
- Prints and tracks all subscription renewals and bills
- Hall of Fame write-ups and research
- Travels to National and World Show for event coverage for Appaloosa Journal
- Prepares World and National Show Pattern Book
– BS Degree in Journalism or equivalent experience
– Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills
– Must have experience in, knowledge and understanding of the equine industry
– Must demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills
– Must have: Proficiency with MS Office and publishing software. Strong organizational habits, detail-oriented, quality-focused, and commitment to professionalism
– Great multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
This position will remain open until filled. Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email only to: CEO@appaloosa.com, Lynette Thompson Interim Executive Secretary.