APPALOOSA HORSE CLUB
Position Available: Immediately
The Director is responsible for development and implementation of a domestic and international marketing plan, coordinating ApHC branding efforts including advertising, media relations, marketing communications and membership value. Works as the Appaloosa Journal advertising director also.
Supervises the Marketing “Department;” reports directly to the CEO while working in concert with Staff Leadership Team.
The Director is responsible for providing creative leadership and management of ApHC efforts to identify and cultivate new markets for Appaloosa horses, to attract new members, to develop and solidify relationships with sponsors, to gain third-party endorsements and to use appropriate promotional opportunities for the advancement of the breed and ApHC members.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an annual ApHC strategic plan for marketing, advertising and public relations;
- Coordinate trade and consumer media relations for the purpose of promoting ApHC programs;
- Work as part of the “Web Team” to ensure timely and appropriate website and social media content;
- Promotion/marketing of the ApHC National, World and Youth Shows, World Sale, ApHC-sponsored trail rides, ApHC racing and other major activities;
- Manage the trade shows at National and World; vendor relations;
- Manage ApHC communications with internal and external audiences;
- Sponsorship development and servicing;
- Sell all advertising in Appaloosa Journal, World and National show event programs and the Appaloosa Horse Club Stallion Directory; billing for these items and also works to produce these items;
- Produces the Appaloosa Horse Club newsletter;
Interacts with all other ApHC departments to develop advertising and promotional materials, communications strategies and special events; with members to keep abreast of industry trends; with trade publications to arrange media coverage; and with Staff Leadership Team to ensure coordination and effectiveness of ApHC programs.
Minimum Work Requirements
The position requires specialized knowledge of the equine industry, marketing methodologies, public relations, promotion, advertising and event planning; the ability to evaluate and generate promotional concepts; strong computer skills; editing and writing, planning, project management, communication and negotiation. Sales or sponsorship development experience a plus.
How to Apply:
This position will remain open until filled. Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email only to: CEO@appaloosa.com, Lynette Thompson Interim Executive Secretary