The Foundation Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing and public relations endeavors for the American Association of Equine Practitioners, with an emphasis on its charitable arm, The Foundation for the Horse. In this full-time role, you will have the ability to directly impact an association and its Foundation dedicated to improving the health and welfare of horses.
This position is key to The Foundation for the Horse’s emphasis on communicating effectively with its various constituencies, including donors, prospects, volunteers, and the equine industry at large.
- Recommend, create, and evaluate content for media releases, social media, newsletters, e-blasts, advertising, annual report, marketing and development collateral, website, and other print and digital content in a timely manner.
- Create and execute marketing, public relations, and social media plans for The Foundation, and manage platforms that support its strategic plan.
- Maintain brand standards and compliance across the organization.
- Oversee projects working with outside agencies as needed.
- Coordinate photography and video production as needed, and curate associated photo and video libraries.
- Manage the design of special booth displays and inventory of all required equipment and materials.
- Other marketing and communications projects as needed.
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or related field.
- Three years of experience working in a non-profit or membership-based organization, preferably within development/fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Mission-driven and goal-oriented.
- Preference consideration for applicants with development or equine industry experience.
The AAEP and The Foundation for the Horse is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.
To apply, please submit resume and a one-page cover letter to:
Director of Marketing & PR