An Account Executive will work directly with the association’s current and future advertisers and sponsors as well as internal departments within AQHA. The role of an Account Executive will be to recruit, maintain and assist advertisers and sponsors in fulfilling their marketing strategies through the advertising channels of the association. Account Executive will work on offerings including but not limited to The American Quarter Horse Journal, championship show programs, digital offerings, event sponsorships and AQHA program sponsorships. He/She will work with the advertisers to develop a comprehensive plan within AQHA deliverables to achieve that company’s marketing objectives. An advertising executive may be asked to consult with advertisers in composing advertisements and setting up complete advertising programs. They will serve as a public relations liaison for AQHA media items with advertisers and industry figures with commercial companies, at selected major shows, sales and events.
- Maintain good relationships with clients to ensure continuous business growth.
- Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Assist in collecting payments on accounts once they become 60 days past due.
- Maintain contacts, book insertions, run reports and become fluent in a CRM system.
- Present, sell and fulfill innovative and creative ideas for revenue programs within the Sales Department.
- Review media placements and ad campaigns to ensure they meet all clients’ specifications.
- Communicate with other AQHA departments to stay current on AQHA business, new projects, and opportunities that could impact AQHA clients.
- Participate in other AQHA departmental meetings as needed.
- Continually grow job/industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Attend various AQHA and industry events to foster relationships with current and prospective clients and industry leaders.
- Visit key advertisers and sponsors to further relationships as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to communicate, present and influence
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Good understanding of how Brands communicate with their audiences
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, sales or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience as a sales executive
- Working knowledge of equine industry