Reports To: Managing Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Lexington, KY
Summary: The main duties for this position are to support and facilitate the promotional needs of the USHJA programs at the local level through public relations, social media and digital outreach and development of marketing collateral materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communications efforts that align with national communications plans, includes regional media relations
- Assist with the development and execution of communications plans for regional activities
- Coordinate with zone and affiliate committees and staff members on communications goals, priorities, and results
- Coordinate, edit and distribute zone-specific content on a monthly basis through USHJA’s email marketing system; develop content for zones where necessary on a monthly basis through USHJA’s email marketing system
- Create and manage content (website, social media posts, articles, print/online collateral and press releases) for USHJA communications channels covering sponsored events and activities at the regional level
- Assist staff with identifying marketing and communication opportunities, and make recommendations to enhance and facilitate marketing of USHJA programs at the zone level
- Cross functional collaboration with other departments as appropriate
- Measure and report on effectiveness of communications efforts; develop recommendations based on results of efforts
- Maintain social media and marketing calendars for regional communications
- Represent the organization at events; assist in event coverage
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or respective field
- 1-3 years related work experience. The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the equine industry, preferably the hunter/jumper disciplines, through participation as a competitor or involvement in USHJA programs.
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platforms, specifically HubSpot and Meltwater
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive team player that can work with other departments for cross-departmental initiatives
- Must be able to manage and respond to difficult member situations while exhibiting excellent customer service
- Must be a strong writer and proofreader/editor who knows AP Style
- Must be organized and able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- Must be a strong storyteller across a variety of platforms
- Must be proactive and collaborative
Travel: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All open positions at USHJA can be found here.