Reports To: Managing Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Lexington, KY
Summary: The Social Media Specialist is a member of the Marketing and Communications Department responsible implementing Marketing & Communications initiatives to support USHJA programs and events via social media. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of USHJA social media pages, social media analytics, influencer management and contractor coordination. This role requires strong project management skills, a deep understanding of social media marketing, public relations experience, and a strategic mindset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute Marketing & Communications initiatives via USHJA Social Media Platforms (including but not limited to: USHJA Facebook, USHJA Zone Facebook Pages, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok)
- Build and evolve the organic social media content strategy to reach marketing and brand awareness KPIs and goals
- Ideate, present, and execute social media campaigns against USHJA Sport Programs, Sport Event Coverage, Museum Programs, Education Programs, Sponsorship Programs, and Development Programs
- Develop an overall content calendar plan encompassing all USHJA Social Media Platforms
- Create content for social media platforms that support USHJA Programs, Association initiatives and CTA communications while maintaining unified brand voice
- Manage paid social advertising strategy and objectives
- Report to and educate cross-functional teams about analytical results to optimize social media content
- Monitor and respond to social media comments and messages
- Coordinate with contractors to execute social media event coverage
- Attend events and produce live social media content as needed
- Manage USHJA’s influencer program by developing an on-going list of social media influencers that can create content and social events for USHJA, cultivating relationships with those influencers and executing influencer campaigns
(E.g. IG Live, FB Live, etc.)
- Promote user-generated content that aligns with USHJA brand standards
- Monitor and research social media channels for industry trends
- Additional duties as assigned
- College degree and a minimum of 1-3 year’s working experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise.
- Knowledge of the equine industry, preferably the hunter/jumper disciplines, through participation as a competitor or involvement in USHJA programs.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to apply data storytelling to social media brand and listening reports
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platforms, specifically HubSpot and Meltwater
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive team player that can work with other departments for cross-departmental initiatives
Travel: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All open positions at USHJA can be found here.