Reports To: Awards Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The main focus and responsibility of this position is to provide administrative and hands on support for the awards and merchandise needs of USHJA; support the work of the Awards Manager in administration of all programs and resources. Support and coordinate with other staff members on an as needed basis with their projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Awards – Support:
- Trophy management and collections
- Award ordering and preparation for various programs
- General office duties (i.e. check requests, invoices, member inquiries, shipping and receiving)
- Evaluation and updating awards criteria
- Maintaining & updating web pages
- Awards presentations at USHJA competitions and special events, and
- Other related duties as may, from time to time, be assigned by the supervisor.
- Merchandise – Support:
- Ordering, proofing, tracking, and distribution of USHJA promotional merchandise
- Merchandise sales and inventory through use of the POS system
- Provide reports as needed
- Administration of general USHJA and public relations product inventory as well as ordering, proofing, tracking, and distribution, and
- Provide support at USHJA events and booths
- Programs – Coordinate support for other departments on special projects
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Attention to Detail – Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; concentrate on routine work details; is thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; manages multiple priorities takes initiative, has sense of urgency is nimble and reliable; plans for additional resources and works within assigned budget; meets deadlines; able to work independently.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; strong written skills.
- Customer Service – Able to manage difficult or emotional member situations; respond promptly to member needs; solicit member feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Assist other team members on projects as assigned.
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities that support USHJA initiatives; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality programs.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Organizational Support – Able to follow policies and procedures; complete tasks correctly and on-time; support organization’s goals and values. Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Support and follow managements’ direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Some college experience is preferred. Basic to intermediate knowledge of horse sports in general is preferred. A minimum of two years’ work experience.
- Computer and Office Machine Skills: Has proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel. Ability to effectively utilize the internet for research. Understanding of basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying and pasting, deleting and moving files) and common office machinery to include but not limited to adding machine, calculator, telephone, fax, copier, scanner, postal machine.
- Other Requirements: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items ranging in weight.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel by air or automobile.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel: The ability to travel to support Program and Event award needs.
To apply, please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All open positions at USHJA can be found here.