United States Hunter Jumper Association
Reports To: Membership & Office Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The main focus and responsibility of this position is to provide administrative support to the Membership and Customer Service Departments and assist other staff members on an as-needed basis with their projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- USHJA Membership Services. Provide support to the Membership department by assisting with the processing of all membership types, and registrations, leases, transfers, and name changes for horses.
- Provide excellent customer service. Provide excellent customer service to the general membership populations via email and telephone for all questions related to membership, horse registration, points, competitions, awards and general USHJA information.
- Office Administration. Provide support by answering the main USHJA telephone line and respond to caller’s questions or direct caller to appropriate staff member. Assist with monitoring voice mail on the main line. Greet, screen, and direct visitors. Assist with office supply inventory and ordering office supplies. Monitor and distribute non-accounting faxes. Ensure lobby is orderly and relevant literature is on hand. Assist with shipping services.
- Other duties. Other duties may, from time to time, be assigned by the supervisor.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Attention to Detail – Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; concentrate on routine work details; and be thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; plans for additional resources and works within assigned budget; meets deadlines; and is able to work independently.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens well and seeks clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings. Possesses strong written skills including writing clearly and informatively; varying writing style to meet needs; and presenting numerical data effectively.
- Customer Service – Able to positively manage sometimes difficult or emotional member situations; responds promptly to member needs; solicits member feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Assists other team members on projects as assigned.
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities that support USHJA initiatives; and seeks ways to improve and promote the quality of the programs.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment (i.e., able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events); manages competing demands; and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Organizational Support – Able to follow policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values. Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Supports and follows managements’ direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Some college experience is preferred. Basic to intermediate knowledge of horse sports is preferred. A minimum of two years’ work experience is required.
Computer and Office Machine Skills: A qualified individual for this position possesses understanding of basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying and pasting, deleting and moving files); has proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems and the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel; possesses the ability to effectively utilize the Internet for research, and is comfortable with the use of common office machinery including but not limited to adding machine, calculator, telephone, fax, copier, scanner, and postal machine.
Other Requirements: After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items ranging in weight. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please submit resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All open positions at USHJA can be found here.