If you have a passion for horse health and science and an unwavering commitment to accuracy, you might belong at Equine Network, publishers of The Horse: Your Guide to Equine Health Care and TheHorse.com. We are a passionate team of horse-owning and -loving journalists who thrive off communicating the latest and most accurate horse health information to our dedicated worldwide readership. We are looking for a likeminded team member with 4+ years of writing and editing experience who is unapologetically organized, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys learning about the advancing science behind horse care and communicating it to horse owners and veterinarians.
The Digital Content Manager –
- Plans and coordinates online content production
- Manages the execution of webcasts and other digital events
- Works with members of the editorial team to promote consistent voice and SEO optimization
- Promotes a strong brand presence with Twitter, Facebook and other social media
- Seeks opportunities to enhance the website based on metrics
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Strong knowledge of WordPress
- Basic HTML skills
- Experience with live and prerecorded podcast production
- Minimum of 2 years managing brand presence on Twitter, Facebook and other social media
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field, along with a minimum of 4 years experience on an editorial team.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to work remote or a hybrid work schedule in our office located in Lexington, KY.
Tell us about yourself, your experience (both as a writer/editor and a horse owner/caretaker), your accomplishments as a journalist, your command of online publishing, and your career aspirations, and we’ll see if you might be a good fit for the herd.
A resume with cover letter is required for consideration.
Contact: Stephanie Church
Editor in Chief, The Horse/TheHorse.com
ABOUT EQUINE NETWORK: The Equine Network is the premier horse enthusiast group, bringing together events, memberships, marketing and media that span the globe. With long standing brands, as well as some of the largest events in the horse industry, we strive to be the best in our field, continually evolving and expanding our horizons.