The lifeblood of Arabian Horse Times is the sales team. The Sales Manager’s main focus is to drive and maximize revenue for Arabian Horse Times. The Sales Manager is to provide the necessary support to the field sales team.
The goal is to facilitate the team’s activities so as to maximize their performance and the solid and long-lasting development of the company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Owner and driver of the revenue goals for all Arabian Horse Times product lines and reporting to the COO and leadership team regularly on goals
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for total company and sales rep
- Lead in the preparation and organizing of promotional and marketing material for shows and events
- Coordinate sales team by managing all production and event schedules and communicating relevant information
- Develop a yearly sales plan based on brand initiatives with the marketing team, collaborate on sales goals
- Oversee and monitor the team’s progress, identify shortcomings and propose improvements
- Instigate and manage new sales leads, create proposals, with collaboration from the print and digital team
- Collaborate with advertisers and Creative Services team on materials for the creation of ad designs
- Liaison between departments to ensure client advertising is coordinated across print and digital avenues
- Lead development of corporate sales and initiate growth plan
- Work lead lists to cold call and identify new advertisers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Values driven – focus on the customer, build trust, collaborate and communicate with team members, be invested in Arabian Horse Times growth and development, always strive for excellence, foster innovation, adaptable and flexible
- Keen understanding of cultural and social aspects of the equine industry
- Ability to lead a team and “think outside the box” to drive initiatives
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail, reliability, and great energy.
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate relationships as well as secure new business through phone, email, and face to face interaction(s).
- Results oriented with a proven and documented history of successful sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance required.
- Must be self-motivated and goals/quota driven and demonstrate ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Proven, successful, professional sales experience required.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position on-site at Minnesota headquarters, negotiable
Arabian Horse Times is the industry leading publication dedicated to the Arabian horse and its enthusiasts. Outstanding design, highest print quality and in-depth editorial content from across the globe are the cornerstones upon which AHT is built. We are dedicated to collaborating with our clients to create a marketing package that will support and enhance their marketing objectives both on and off paper through our email marketing and web design services.