Salary: $45,000-$50,000. May be higher, depending on experience
Reports: Director of Public Relations, Animal Wellness Action and the Center for a Humane Economy
Animal Wellness Action, the Center for a Humane Economy, and its affiliated organizations are seeking a digital media and communications coordinator.
The role will support the Director of Public Relations and drive our online advocacy and fundraising activities in pursuit of animal protection goals.
We are an action-oriented organization that is committed to being thorough, nimble and fast when it comes to helping animals with our content, lobbying and advocacy.
- Regularly post on social media and drive growth of our constituency on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, making creative, well-designed posts that attract attention and reinforce our other communications strategies.
- Work with the director of public relations to receive drafts, edit, post and email multiple types of content
- Press releases
- Social media posts and more
- Provide layout and distribution planning and execution for outbound email campaigns for calls to action and fundraising
- Support the growth of audiences to our organization’s mailing lists and social media channels
- Work inside our donor-management SaaS to support the segmentation of our lists and our communications with them
- Monitor existing metrics and help develop and maintain additional ones
- Provide prompt, thorough follow-up on communications and some marketing needs of internal clients
- Contribute to a culture of excellence, characterized by a sense of urgency
- 2-5 years of experience with online mail services and list management
- Mastery of social media and other online best-practices
- Ability to post content, including art, through a WordPress-based CMS
- Ability to support and improve the design and execution of our content delivery and social media posts
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shifting deadlines
- Location in Eastern Time Zone or a commitment to working 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Eastern Time Zone. (Note: Because we respond quickly to relevant news and political activities, applicants should expect activity outside those hours.)
- A love of animals and a passion for improving their lives
- Strong writing and editing skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should be submit a resume, cover letter and salary history to Joseph Grove, email@example.com.
Animal Wellness Action, the Center for a Humane Economy, and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.