The National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Executive Committee has hired Jim Harlan, President and CEO of MJM Global Search, Inc., to support its efforts in filling the full-time position of Sr. Director of Corporate Relations.
Persons interested in the position may contact:
MJM Global Search, Inc.
P.O. Box 883
Franktown, CO 80116
The Sr. Director of Corporate Relations is a member of the NRHA upper management team whose main objective is to retain current sponsors by supporting their needs while continuously working to enhance the relationship between both parties.
Additionally, they are responsible for cultivating new relationships to grow our family of sponsors to ensure NRHA remains a premiere partner in the western performance horse industry.
Reports To: Commissioner
Salary: Based Upon Experience
Hours per Week: 40 with the potential for some overtime; especially during special events
Shift/Hours/Days: M-F, some weekends and Thanksgiving
Position Start Date: Immediate
Benefits Include: Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off & Holidays
Education and Experience
- Education: 4-year Degree; Preferred in Business Management or Communications
- Experience: 10+ years working with and developing relationships with corporate and event sponsors.
- Proven success in sponsorship development, preferably in the equine industry.
- Demonstrated skills in client service delivery and client relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and managing Sponsors’ relationships and Sponsor account management.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Strong diplomacy & negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage in house staff and external contractors.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and propose innovative solutions.
First class personal and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Initiative, creativity, ambition and commitment to success.
- Articulate and concise communications skills both written and spoken.
- Team player with demonstrated leadership and team management skills.
- Collaborative and flexible approach to teamwork.
- Gain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the contractual terms and conditions of Sponsorship Agreements.
- Ensure the delivery of all Sponsor’s rights in accordance with Sponsorship Agreements.
- Secure a complete understanding of the Sponsor’s business, its strategic aims and objectives, business and operational goals, business and organizational processes and procedures.
- Be the main point of contact for all Sponsors and deliver impeccable customer service.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships between Association and Sponsors.
- Identify key success factors in the delivery of the Sponsor’s objectives.
- Ensure mutuality of financial value and business benefits within the sponsorship program.
- Monitor and enhance sponsor satisfaction.
- Ensure Sponsorship objectives are included in the marketing plan and that each objective is achieved.
- Represent the association through on-site sponsor visits, other NRHA-approved and industry events.
- Strategize about and lead the revenue generation across multiple platforms within the association that include sponsorship – global and domestic, NRHA Reiner, digital assets, event stalls, and trophy award program.
- Work with NRHA Executive Committee and Board of Directors as needed and requested.
- Assist Commissioner and Chief Financial Officer as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.