The Chronicle of the Horse, the nation’s leading and longest running equestrian publication, is looking to expand their sales team with a new advertising account executive. This role is a client facing sales position focusing in both the endemic and non-endemic markets surrounding the equestrian realm looking to target the Dressage, Hunter/Jumper, and Eventing disciplines. Our ideal candidate is an outgoing and charismatic team player who is a hardworking self-starter, resourceful, creative, and shares our passion for equestrian sport.
- Prospect and manage new and existing advertising accounts
- Develop creative and effective integrated media campaigns, tailored to amplify each client’s unique branding message and meet their KPI’s.
- Ability to learn new CRM platforms (with guidance) efficiently and thoroughly
- Anticipate client’s marketing needs and develop proposals accordingly to drive incremental business
- Liaise with clients and their counterparts in addition to COTH’s in-house production and design staff to ensure that the client’s message and vision is brought to fruition and strategy is executed as planned.
- Regularly perform account campaign analysis, proactively raising issues and/or suggests changes to enhance profitability for clients.
- Strong desire to stay aware of market trends and understanding the ever-changing landscapes of social media and digital marketing to best support our clients
- Brainstorm with both the sales and editorial departments to develop new products to increase revenue and overall customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Work experience in sales and customer service
- Strong and current working knowledge of the English equestrian disciplines and horse show industry
- Self-starter, goal oriented, multitasking, team player
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’
- You are actively involved in the hunter/jumper disciplines and either travel to Wellington or Ocala for the winter months or are based there year round
- You already have a notable rolodex of industry influencers and equine-focused company personnel
- Remote optional
- Flexible work time
- Uncapped commission structure + base salary
- Healthcare, vision, dental
- Work alongside crazy horse loving people