Marketing Coordinator, National Reining Horse Association
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reports To: Director of Marketing Sara Honegger
Organizational Unit: Marketing & Communications
Pay Grade: TBD
Hours per Week: Full time: 40 Hours
Shift/Hours/Days: 8am – 5pm / Monday through Friday, Some Weekends and Holidays
Position Start Date: Immediate
Benefits Include: Heath, Dental & Vision Insurance, Simple IRA, Paid Holidays & Time Off
This full-time position is primarily responsible for managing programs, activities, and communications within the Marketing & Communications Department that directly support the Association. Administrative duties are also a main function of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: College Degree Preferred
Experience: 1-2 years minimum
- Strong customer service orientation, interpersonal and communication, both verbal and written, skills are crucial.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and desire to learn new software, programs, and activities.
- Knowledge and interest of the Equine industry and events strongly preferred.
- Photography skills beneficial, but not required.
- Strong multi-tasking and ability to organize workload are essential.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks with limited oversight.
- Some travel is possible.
- Frequently moves promotional materials, supplies and awards to organize, prepare for mail, load for events, etc. not to exceed 50 pounds.
- The person in this position needs to often move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, prepare items for mailing, etc.
- Assist in proofreading the monthly NRHA Reiner magazine and any other special publications as needed.
- Manage promotional orders: As needed provide gifts, merchandise, brochures, handbooks, pattern book requests, and mass mailings for all departments.
- Manage tradeshow booth presence to promote NRHA’s brand while providing service to current and prospective members.
- Develop communication pieces for the Association, including press releases, emails, promotional pieces, etc.
- Regularly review NRHA websites to ensure content is up-to-date and provide support as needed.
- Support media promotions including providing and/or developing additional content/graphic/video design pieces as needed. This includes design, photography and story development responsibilities to develop programs and NRHA Futurity and NRHA Derby draw sheets.
- Manage Association Alliances and fulfilling contracts with alliance partners to drive healthy industry relations and support within the horse industry.
- Assist with event storage and marketing inventory.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan.
- With Director of Marketing, assist with media relations (aside from events) including supplying photos, content, statistics, etc. for coverage of the sport.
- Committee Staff Liaison activities as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Administrative tasks that support the Director of Marketing and department as dictated.
- Other duties as assigned by the NRHA upper management team.