The Director of Marketing oversees internal marketing strategies for all AQHA departments including membership, show, race, member programs, youth, corporate partners, media, international, QData, the AQHA Hall of Fame and Museum, and the American Quarter Horse Foundation. The Director of Marketing leads a team of experienced marketing professionals to implement initiatives, campaigns, sponsorships, and promotions across various platforms to drive membership and revenue growth and to continue to position AQHA and the America Quarter Horse as World leaders.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the marketing department and the marketing team.
- Develop innovative solutions for distinctive, compelling, and effective branding and marketing of AQHA and the American Quarter Horse. Continuously assess, understand, design, and implement programs and procedures that meet the needs of the membership and prospective members as well as positioning AQHA as the benchmark in the industry.
- Coordinate synergies and leverage multiple communication platforms including new media (social networks, blogs, podcasts, search engine optimization, etc.) as well as traditional “legacy” media (print, radio, TV) to maximize the reach and ROI.
- Spearhead sponsorship activation, negotiate and develop contractual agreements, then serve as the key liaison between AQHA and sponsored entities to ensure collateral and on-site activation needs are delivered.
- Meet with marketing strategists and internal clients, or departments, on a regular basis (monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly) to monitor campaign success, identify unmet needs and develop solutions.
- Direct marketing strategists in the development of marketing playbooks.
- Administer the department’s budget.
- Coordinate with the Project Management Office on the development of marketing-related IT projects.
- Serve as staff liaison to AQHA’s Marketing & Membership Committee.
- Conduct research to identify needs areas within AQHA and the industry.
- Position AQHA’s products and services within and outside the industry with the ultimate goal of driving revenue.
- Assist with development and execution of AQHA programs, services, and events.
- Provide strategic branding and marketing direction across the Association.
- Requires a flexible schedule and travel to events for on-site activation and to professionally represent AQHA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, and show strong attention to detail
- Agency experience or experience working with multiple advertiser/client accounts preferred
- Project management background
- Familiarity with web technologies (content management systems, social media tools, blogs, etc.)
- Familiarity with SEM/SEO strategies
- Familiarity with email marketing automation systems like Hubspot
- Familiarity with project management systems like Asana
- Working knowledge of equine industry
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, business, public relations, marketing, or equivalent working experience
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, Advertising, or a related field
American Quarter Horse Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please click here: https://www.aqha.com/careers-and-internships