Reports To: Sponsorship and Development Departments
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Location: Lexington, Kentucky
The USHJA is seeking a detail-oriented people person to support the work of the USHJA Sponsorship and Development Departments. This individual must have strong event planning and organization skills, and thrives in an environment where developing and maintaining strong professional business relationships with sponsors and donors is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and execute Association special events including the annual conference for the association.
- Work at Association and Foundation events and provide on-site event support.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of fundraisers (galas, silent auctions, horseless horse shows, etc), and other special events.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for Association and Foundation grants and scholarships
- Provide support for the Sponsorship department for fulfillment of deliverables.
- Assist with shipping and receiving needs for the departments
- Support department mailing and shipping needs in such areas as sponsor awards, thank you letters, and donor and sponsor gifts
- Support the management of sponsor product inventory
- Support the management of donor database and issue appropriate routine correspondence
- Support Foundation-related communications, including website updates, articles, and other communications
- Monitor web page content to ensure sponsor and donor mentions are current and submit work orders for correction.
- Work closely with other USHJA departments: Finance, Marketing, Graphic Design, Awards/Merchandise, Sport, and Education.
Qualifications and Qualities
- College graduate or an equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience
- Minimum of two years of work experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Event planning experience preferred
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills – specific proficiency in the Microsoft Office Platform
- Detail-oriented, yet adaptable, action-oriented, and innovative
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Working knowledge of the equestrian industry is a plus
- Ability to travel and work after hours, and on weekends as necessary
Computer and Office Machine Skills
Has proficient knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel. Ability to effectively use the internet for research. Understanding of basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying, and pasting, deleting, and moving files) and common office machinery including but not limited to adding machine, calculator, telephone, fax, copier, scanner, and postal machine.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items ranging in weight. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a resume and references for the Events Support Coordinator to email@example.com.