Location: Amarillo, Texas
Build and implement cost-efficient and effective marketing tactics with various departments and program managers. The Coordinator will assist Marketing Strategists in the implementation, management and analytics for marketing tactics to promote AQHA shows, events and programs. This position will also have a primary role in supporting AQHA digital marketing and social media initiatives.
Additionally, the coordinator will provide support to the Communications team to strengthen, enhance and protect the image and reputation of the American Quarter Horse, AQHA and AQHF proactively and reactively. The Coordinator is responsible for assisting the manager of communications in developing and implementing AQHA’s and AQHF’s communications plans, event plans and providing guidance to the various departments and programs to ensure ongoing success of media/public relations campaigns.
- Create and implement the tactical elements of strategic plans.
- Oversee the completion of projects and adjust as necessary to ensure they are delivered to specifications and high standards.
- Implementation of annual strategic plan/playbook and deliverables including some or all the following:
- Project management
- Ensure creative projects meet strategic guidelines provided
- Managing and ensuring plan execution and reporting is completed according to project timelines
- Pulling and reporting campaign analytics; creating report presentations, when needed
- Collect and analyze feedback from departments and other project users to gauge satisfaction and success
- Write press releases or other media communications for AQHA and American Quarter Horse Foundation.
- Recommend internal and external press releases for dissemination on social media.
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and events.
- Assist in responding to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Compile material for release to various audiences including internal staff, members and external media outlets.
- Assist with development of communication items and plans to maintain favorable public or AQHA member perception of AQHA’s accomplishments or agenda.
- Establish or maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of the community and media, in addition to enhancing list of media contacts.
- Prepare and edit AQHA publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters, event programs, email blasts, etc.
- Assist manager of communications with public appearances and media interviews.
- Travel to AQHA, AQHF and additional events, as needed, including but not limited to assisting with AQHA promotions and education.
- Assist Human Resources department with employee initiatives, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, and show strong attention to detail
- Agency experience or experience working with multiple advertiser/client accounts preferred
- Project management background
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business, public relations, or equivalent work experience
IT/ Technical Knowledge:
- Familiarity with web technologies (content management systems, social media tools, blogs, etc.)
- Familiarity with SEM/SEO strategies
- Familiarity with email marketing automation systems like Hubspot
- Familiarity with project management systems like Asana
Minimum Experience Required:
- Marketing and/or communications role 3+ year
- Equine industry knowledge preferred