Reports to: Director of Advertising
Advertising sales position aligned to all publications Horse Illustrated, Young Rider, Hobby Farms and Chickens Magazine.
The primary responsibility of the Advertising Sales Representative will be to develop, market and sell advertising products and services across all verticals, while prospecting and building a global customer base. Remote position.
- Sell ads to existing and new advertisers – Online, print (classified and display), and digital components.
- Use proprietary systems to maintain customer database, track results, provide customer service and growth opportunities
- Work lead lists to cold call and identify new advertisers
- Collaborate with advertisers and marketing on materials for the creation of ad designs if needed.
- Facilitate ongoing communication with Editorial/Advertising partners
- Attend industry trade shows
- Other duties or special projects, as assigned
Competencies and Key Skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and cultivate relationships as well as secure new business through face to face, e-mail and phone interaction(s)
- Demonstrated experience with sales planning, sales strategy development and reporting skills
- Results oriented with proven and documented history of successful sales
- Professional attitude and appearance required
- Must be self-motivated and goals/quota driven and demonstrate ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of successful, professional sales experience required
Resumes and cover letters to Rima Dorsey, firstname.lastname@example.org