Reports To: Managing Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Lexington, KY
Summary: The Social Media Specialist is a member of the Marketing and Communications Department responsible implementing Marketing & Communications initiatives to support USHJA programs and events via social media. This position is responsible for the creation and execution of daily social media content and maintenance of USHJA social media pages, social media analytics, influencer management and contractor coordination. This role requires strong project management skills, a deep understanding of social media marketing, a strategic mindset, and an eye for creative design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and manage an overall content calendar plan encompassing all USHJA social media platforms.
- Create, curate, and schedule daily content for USHJA’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn channels.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and feedback on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Source and work with existing and new influencers to generate content, including the coordination of collaborations and takeovers.
- Build and evolve the organic social media content strategy to reach marketing and brand awareness KPIs and goals
- Analyze social media performance and provide regular reports with insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up to date with social media trends, best practices, and platform updates.
- Ideate, present, and execute social media campaigns against USHJA Sport Programs, Sport Event Coverage, Museum Programs, Education Programs, Sponsorship Programs, and Development Programs.
- Create content for social media platforms that support USHJA Programs, Association initiatives and CTA communications while maintaining unified brand voice
- Work with the Marketing Manager on paid social advertising strategy and objectives
- Report to and educate cross-functional teams about analytical results to optimize social media content
- Coordinate with contractors to execute social media event coverage
- Attend events and produce live social media content as needed
- Promote user-generated content that aligns with USHJA brand standards
- Additional duties as assigned
- College degree and a minimum of 1-3 year’s working experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise.
- Applicants should be driven and independent, preferably with an interest in equestrian sport and media, also possessing a passion for accuracy, fine detail, and organization.
- The right candidate will have adequate professional social media experience. Agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the equine industry, preferably the hunter/jumper disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing social media campaigns and executing daily social media.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Flexible, analytical, and collaborative mindset with the ability to create storytelling through social media posts and content
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platforms, specifically HubSpot, Meltwater, and Sprout Social
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive team player that can work with other departments for cross-departmental initiatives
- Qualified candidates should be prepared to submit a portfolio demonstrating examples of their work
Travel: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All open positions at USHJA can be found here.