Reports To: Managing Director of Marketing & Communications
Status: Contract, open to review after three months
Summary: The USHJA is seeking an experienced freelance social media manager to assist in the creation and execution of daily social media content across USHJA’s social media platforms. This position will be contracted on a three-month basis with the option to extend after the first initial three months. This position will work with the Marketing & Communications Department to use current assets to create engaging evergreen content, trending content and content that promotes and supports USHJA programs and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content monthly by following the marketing calendar and execute on prompts provided by the Marketing & Communications Department.
- Create, curate, and schedule daily content for USHJA’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn channels.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and feedback on social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Source and work with existing and new influencers to generate content, including the coordination of collaborations and takeovers.
- Implement USHJA social media marketing strategies and best practices to increase brand awareness, engagement, and followers.
- Analyze social media performance and provide regular reports with insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up to date with social media trends, best practices, and platform updates.
- Applicants should be driven and independent, preferably with an interest in equestrian sport and media, also possessing a passion for accuracy, fine detail, and organization.
- The right candidate will have adequate professional social media experience. Agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the equine industry, preferably the hunter/jumper disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing and executing social media campaigns and executing daily social media.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Flexible, analytical, and collaborative mindset with the ability to create storytelling through social media posts and content
- Qualified candidates should be prepared to submit a portfolio demonstrating examples of their work
To apply, please resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
All open positions at USHJA can be found here.