The National Reined Cow Horse Association, based in Pilot Point, Texas, seeks a motivated and efficient intern during the upcoming Snaffle Bit Futurity ® presented by Metallic Cat, October 6-21, 2023.
The media and marketing intern will report directly to the NRCHA Director of Media and Communications. During this internship, you will be expected to work at the show October 4-21, 2023. NRCHA will provide housing during the event.
The applicant should have a good foundation in writing press releases, developing social media content, and have excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic. Experience in Adobe Creative Suite products and Final Cut is preferred. Knowledge and experience with photography, creating video and graphics are an added value to the applicant.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with gathering daily social media content, creating reels, taking candids, etc.
- Assist with coordinating photo needs with the NRCHA official photography team.
- Assist with NRCHA Sports Desk, gathering stats, talking points, coordinating interviews, etc.
- Organize welcome table daily & restock with magazines
- Assist in gathering event stats, interviews, and other content for outside media
- Write scripts, newsletters, and other written content as needed
About the National Reined Cow Horse Association
Based in Pilot Point, Texas, the National Reined Cow Horse Association was formed in 1949 in California, with the goal of preserving and educating the public about the rich history of this traditional horsemanship. The NRCHA is responsible for promoting the sport and ensuring high standards of competition and continuing to work to keep the Vaquero tradition alive in today’s equine industry. The NRCHA also supports numerous affiliate clubs across the United States, Europe and abroad. These groups serve as the association’s backbone, holding many NRCHA-sanctioned competitions and events each year. For more information on these events and reined cow horse, visit nrcha.com.