Field Based Role covering Virginia & Maryland – Must live within the territory.
The Equine Nutrition Sales Specialist works in collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to drive distribution and sales of BUCKEYE™ Nutrition products in Virginia and Maryland. The Equine Nutrition Specialist will call on Equine Professionals (barn managers, vets, trainers, racing managers, etc.) and Retail Stores, as directed by the RSM. This position exists to ensure the delivery of gross sales value and scorecard measures for Mars Horsecare for the assigned business segments. Accountable for profitable business growth via the achievement of specific gross sales value, improvements in store merchandising metrics (including SKUs/store, preferable positioning, signage/POP placement, and developing Ambassadors/influencers in the store), and distribution targets.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant experience in Animal Nutrition field sales or related area with expertise or experience in the equine nutrition
- 2+ years sales experience preferred
- Equine experience required
- Functional administrative skills (basic Microsoft Suite, Excel, PP, Work, Outlook)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Demonstrate ability to work remotely
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Responsible for Virginia and Maryland for Mars Horsecare U.S. with occasional overnight travel
- The Equine Nutrition Specialist will leverage their equine and retail merchandising experience to educate horse owners and key influencers on the advantages of BUCKEYE Nutrition products. The incumbent will accomplish this by making retail and barn calls within a specified area, based upon a target list/pipeline developed in concert with the RSM.
- Responsible for achieving profitable sales and share growth in alignment with sales plan goals/objectives.
- Develop and manage current and prospective retailers and distributors within the territory, developing a strategy for top retailers, defining goals and objectives, to ensure optimizing of distribution.
- Develop a territory plan along with the RSM to including investment and expected return (ROI).
- Ensure flawless tactical execution of all merchandising and new item launches resulting in achievement of sales plan goals.
- Key point person for customer on items relating to daily operations of the business (pricing, allowances, deduction management, etc.)
- Analyze business opportunities and provide input to the RSM to enhance overall business results
- Provide input in terms of collaborative planning, recommending new approaches and processes that ensure better customer planning, input, and alignment of improved activity sets.
- Develop effective and productive relationships within all levels of customer responsibility, as well as within the sales business unit.
- Must be incredibly organized, prioritizing critical activities and leveraging sales skills and given sales tools to achieve or exceed agreed objectives.
- Participate in team conference calls, training and attend all sales meetings.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we are striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
- This role includes a company vehicle.
Where to apply:
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.