Summary: The Equine Network is seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial professional to join the team of Practical Horseman and Dressage Today in the role of Managing Editor. The ideal candidate for this full-time position has five-plus years of experience and proven involvement with digital, video and print platforms. A successful candidate is a self-starter with a team-oriented attitude. This person wants to combine a passion for the sports of dressage, hunters, jumpers and eventing with expertise in communication and content creation through a variety of platforms.
- Experience developing strategy and creating content for multiple media platforms as well as tracking metrics and meeting/outperforming those goals
- Strong knowledge of dressage, hunters, jumpers and eventing
- Strong communication, project management and editorial skills
- Skills to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible in the ever-changing environment of a fast-pivoting company
- Potential to recognize opportunities within the brands and the desire/creativity to move those opportunities forward
- Ability to collaborate with team and work independently
- Capacity to travel to competitions and video/photo shoots
- Willingness to learn new skills as technology evolves and to continuously improve workflows.
- Assist in developing Practical Horseman magazine content—assign, edit, write, copy fit, proofread, make proofing corrections
- Assist in developing content for subscription video on-demand (SVOD) site, EQUESTRIAN+, including video content calendar, featured clinicians’ list, video-shoot list and video-release schedule
- Assist in SVOD video production—time stamp, review, upload
- Develop/write content for Practical Horseman/Dressage Today digital platforms—website, social media, newsletters, digital publication
- Participate in Practical Horseman/Dressage Today podcasts (guest selection, interviews, production)
- Travel to video shoots and competitions to help with coverage/content creation
- Coordinate with marketing team on content promotions for brands
- Assist in creating sponsorable social-media programs for Practical Horseman and Dressage Today
- BA in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- 5-plus years related work experience
- Programs: Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, WordPress, Vimeo, social media
- Knowledge of English equestrian sports—dressage, hunter/jumper, eventing
The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Benefits: We offer a generous PTO package and a comprehensive benefits package, including 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD.
To Apply: Tell us about yourself, your experience, your accomplishments, your command of digital, video and print platforms in the equine industry, and we’ll see if you might be a good fit for our team. A resume is required for consideration. Candidates will be asked to submit examples of their work.
Email resume and work samples to Sandy Oliynyk, email@example.com
About Practical Horseman
Practical Horseman and Dressage Today provide hands-on how-to information on riding, training, equine health and competitions for English riders through multimedia channels including print, digital, social media, podcasts and events. Respected experts in the disciplines of dressage, eventing, hunters and jumpers share in-depth information to help our audiences become well-rounded riders and horse-care managers. Personal stories create a sense of community from top professionals to dedicated amateurs, helping foster the dream of being the best horseperson possible.
About The Equine Network
The Equine Network is the premier horse enthusiast group, bringing together events, memberships, marketing, and media that span the globe. With long-standing brands, as well as some of the largest events in the horse industry, we strive to be the best in our field, continually evolving and expanding our horizons.