All Daytime Sessions Are Free; Four Ticket Choices for Designated Evening Sessions
Tickets are now on sale for the 65th annual Washington International Horse Show (WIHS) presented by MARS Equestrian™. Join us for one of the sport’s most time-honored, competitive, and entertaining events in North America, October 23-29, 2023, at The Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Experience the beauty and athleticism of the finest horses and riders in the world, including Olympic veterans, as they come together for seven days and three nights of world-class competition plus entertaining exhibitions, boutique shopping, VIP hospitality, and special events. WIHS will offer nearly one million dollars in total prize money to the best hunter, jumper, equitation, and pony riders competing for coveted year-end titles throughout the week.
Tickets: What You Need To Know
- Daytime Events (Monday through Sunday): All sessions are free, including Monday through Wednesday’s evening competition, no ticket required
- Choose from an increased number of food vendor options including multiple concourse concessions and several food trucks
- Evening Events (Thursday, Friday, Saturday): All evening session tickets are reserved seating. Select your seat from four ticket types:
- Ticket & Dinner: Watch and dine in the best seats at WIHS. Collect your hot buffet-style dinner and beverages. Includes unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages. Each adult ticket also includes two servings of beer/wine.
- Premium Ticket
- Select Ticket
- Standard Ticket. The most inexpensive ticket per night:
- Barn Night, Thursday, October 26: $20 adult, $15 child
- Military Night, Friday, October 27: $30 adult, $20 child
- World Cup Night, Saturday, October 28: $45 adult, $35 child
- Visit the WIHS ticket page for more details and links to purchase on Ticketmaster. Tickets can also be purchased in person at The Show Place Arena Box Office upon arrival, while available.
Military Ticket Offer Supported by ROKK Solutions and PlusPR
- Discounted tickets for members of the U.S. military are valid on Military Night only, Friday, October 27
- Buy any seat in the house (except Ticket & Dinner) at the price of standard ticket price, while available
- Affiliation badge or ID required, to be shown at The Show Place Arena Box Office
- Up to four tickets per military badge/ID
The Show Place Arena, Prince George’s Equestrian Center
14900 Pennsylvania Avenue
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Parking is free.
- World Cup Night (Saturday, October 28): Thrilling FEI World Cup™ jumping including the $450,000 Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington CSI5*-W for the President’s Cup, presented by Experience Prince George’s, the WIHS Equitation Finals, the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase, and the new Leading FEI Groom Award in memory of Karen Golding
- Military Night presented by Boeing (Friday, October 27): $78,000 Speed Final, the Jump for TAPS supporting Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, the WIHS Shetland Pony Steeplechase, and demonstration by famed horseman, entertainer, and bush poet Guy McLean
- MARS Barn Night (Thursday, October 26): Fun for all, especially youngsters, including the $78,000 International Jumper Welcome and the $40,000 Accumulator Costume Class
- Kids’ Day presented by Delta Air Lines, a free event, rain or shine (Saturday, October 28, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.): Pony rides, face painting, a horseless horse show, as well as fun and educational hands-on activities for children and families to learn about the wonderful world of horses. Guy McLean returns for a demonstration and educational talks.
About Washington International Horse Show, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization
Established in 1958, the Washington International Horse Show is one of North America’s most prestigious, competitive, and entertaining equestrian events with competition for international, professional, amateur, junior and child riders. Highlights include the Longines FEI Jumping World Cup™ Washington CSI5*-W for the President’s Cup, the WIHS Equitation Finals and Children’s and Adult Hunter and Jumper Championships, top national hunters and jumpers, plus popular community, and charity events. WIHS is an official USEF Heritage Competition. For more information, visit wihs.org.