AHP is the membership association to belong to if you want to connect with equine media professionals. Member benefits can help you to increase awareness and recognition of your equine brand, whether it’s a print or online publication, a professional media service, or an equine-related business.
- Exclusive members only benefit for submitting and receiving timely equine industry news. AHP members are able to submit news releases twice a month for distribution to over 600 AHP members and staff. You will also be the first to receive important equine news from the AHP Newsgroup.
- All business members receive one additional press release distribution per month for a total of three press releases.
The Inside Track
- The AHP members-only eNewsletter is published quarterly to provide AHP members with media industry news they can use to advance their careers and learning as well as the member community and association events.
- Source for members and visitors on equine media and horse industry news
- AHP website www.americanhorsepubs.org not only offers information to interested horse people, but also special features for AHP members only.
- The CareerTrack is an online job bank where AHP members can list help wanted and opportunities sought positions.
AHP Equine Industry Survey
- 2021 AHP Equine Industry Survey is in development
- 2018 AHP Equine Industry Survey results are available to all members on request.
AHP Equine Media Conference
- Members can attend one of the most affordable conferences available in the publishing industry. The AHP Equine Media Conference is highly motivating and provides positive learning experiences for all levels. The next annual conference is scheduled for Irving, Texas on May 20-22, 2021.
AHP Regional Workshop
- These one day workshops provide professional development and networking opportunities to members on a regional level.
AHP Student Internship Program
- The AHP Student Internship Program is for members only to list available internships as well as a source to find equine media student interns. Your listing will be available to the over 400 schools and colleges that have equine, ag, or equine journalism majors.
AHP Webinar Series
- The AHP Webinar Series provides education on a variety of topics relative to the equine media industry for professional development and continued learning.
- Members have access to a series of instructional and educational webinars, videos, and presentations on publishing and business topics.
Recognition for excellence
AHP Equine Media Awards
- The annual AHP Equine Media Awards recognize excellence in over 50 categories in print and online, with each entry receiving a judge’s critique.
- All members are eligible to submit entries that meet requirements in the appropriate divisions (Publishing Media or Business).
Network with equine media
AHP Online Membership Directory
- Members only have access to a handy reference that lists contact information. If you are looking for a professional service, publishing media, or a business associated with the equine industry, this online directory is your # 1 source.
AHP Equine Media Conference
- The annual AHP Equine Media Conference is the perfect place to network with your peers and meet equine publishing and business leaders. Friendships and associations are made here that will benefit members on many levels. Don’t miss the 2021 AHP Equine Media Conference scheduled for Irving, Texas on May 20-21, 2021.
- AHP Gatherings are held across the country at major events or local establishments. Publishing media, businesses or freelancers benefit from these informal regional meet and greets to network and connect with your tribe on a regional basis.
- AHP eGatherings are virtual meetings to provide education and networking opportunities to members during the period of social distancing.