Why do members enter the AHP Equine Media Awards?
Nothing feels better than being recognized for your work.
All entries receive a judge’s constructive critique.
Members spread the news of their honors to the equine world.
Freelancers add their awards to resumes to build their reputation.
Entering the AHP Equine Media Awards
Read before your start.
- Please read awards guidelines and class lists available as PDFs.
- Please note: Only one class can be entered per entry form.
- All entries must submit the 2021 Equine Media Awards Entry Form online for every entry.
- Entries in Classes 33-39; 50-51 must be entered as a hard copy of the publication or book, unless electronic editions are allowed, and shipped to the AHP office at AHP Equine Media Awards, 49 Spinnaker Circle, South Daytona, FL 32119
- Entry Fee: $30 per entry. Unlimited entries accepted per member in all eligible classes. No refunds for entries that are disqualified or ineligible
- For assistance and/or questions, please email Chris Brune at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to prepare entries before you submit online.
To help members prepare for entering their entries via an online submission system, please begin by reviewing: How to Prepare Entries Before You Submit Online. [pdf]
The following files are available to view and/or download:
- General Information & Guidelines [pdf]
- Publishing Media Member Class List [pdf]
- Media Professional Member Class List [pdf]
- Business, Business Nonprofit, College/University Class List [pdf]
Advice on preparing online submissions and a walk through the new online submission entry form.
Recorded from AHP eGathering hosted by Chris Brune and Judy Lincoln
Deadline date for entries is on or before Wednesday, February 15, 2021.
Late entries are not accepted. No exceptions.
Ready to submit your entries online?
Have all your entries handy before you start.
Entering the AHP Equine Media Awards is a members-only benefit and requires login to the Member Center.
Login to the Member Center with your username and password and click on ENTER EQUINE MEDIA AWARDS to access the Submittable online submission entry form.
2021 AHP membership is required.
In order to enter the 2021 AHP Equine Media Awards, your annual membership dues for 2021 must be paid by February 15, 2021.
Fastest and easiest method to pay your renewal dues.
- Click on the Member Center in the navigation bar.
- Select “Log me in to access the Member Center.”
- Sign in with your username and the primary contact email address to reset your password.
- If you do not remember your username or are unable to create a new password, contact Chris at email@example.com to get a temporary password.
Other payment option: Mail check to American Horse Publications, 49 Spinnaker Circle, South Daytona, FL 32119, payable to American Horse Publications, US Funds.
Not an AHP member?
JOIN TODAY and you will be eligible to enter the 2021 Equine Media Awards for material published in 2020. To learn more or to become an AHP member, visit: Become an AHP Member – American Horse Publications (americanhorsepubs.org)
Past awards contests.
Promoting excellence in equine media has been part of AHP’s mission for over 50 years. Held since 1975, the annual awards competition recognizes standards in journalistic integrity for informative and engaging content in a variety of media categories. Showcasing excellence in equine media as well as providing guidance for improvement are the two key elements of this member program.