Nominations closed for 2019. Finalists will be announced in mid April.
NOMINEES FOR THE 2019 EQUINE INDUSTRY VISION AWARD
- Lara Ames, Owner/Publisher of Arabian Horse Times; major contributor to Arabian Horsemen’s Distress Fund
- Certified Horsemanship Association (CHA), organization for safe, fun and effective horsemanship education and certification of equine professionals as instructors
- Equine Smartbit, LLC, embedded advanced sensors into existing horse bit, which allows users to monitor horse vital signs in a real time basis through the mouth
- Kim Fiore, Owner of Gracie, the therapy Clydesdale
- Brice Goguet, President and CEO of Voltaire Design Saddles, developer of French custom made saddles
- Narissa Jenkins, Founder of Equine Therapy Network and Healing Hoof Steps
- Rick Lamb, Owner LambStew, Inc., an education and media corporation; television and radio host
- Dr. Tom Lenz, animal welfare pioneer; 2003 AAEP President
- Dr. Joe D. Pagan, Founder and President, Kentucky Equine Research, an international equine nutrition, research, and consultation company serving horse owners and the feed industry.
- Cassandra Messina Rainbolt, Owner/Operator, Bit of Heaven Farm, equine assisted learning program
- Monty Roberts, Founder, Flag Is Up Farms and Join-Up International, internationally known horseman committed to improving the traditional ways of treating not only animals but also the people around horses.
- Jochen Schleese, Founder, German Certified Master Saddler and Saddle Ergonomist; Principal, Schleese Saddlery Service, Ltd. And Saddlefit 4 Life, Inc.
- Linda Tellington-Jones, Founder and President, Tellington TTouch Training, a systematic method of touching, lifting and using non-habitual movements to relieve discomfort and improve athleticism that is taught by certified Tellington instructors and practitioners in 39 countries.
- The Right Horse Initiative, nonprofit industry wide collaboration to innovate and implement resources and services for at-risk horses funded by the WaterShed Aminal Fund.
- Kristin Werner, Senior Counsel of The Jockey Club and Creator of the Thoroughbred Incentive Program to encourage the aftercare and retraining of Thoroughbreds in sport and pleasure horse disciplines
THE EQUINE INDUSTRY VISION AWARD
The Equine Industry Vision Award is given annually in recognition of outstanding leadership, creativity and meritorious contribution toward positive changes in the equine industry. This distinguished award is a unique opportunity to publicly recognize ingenuity, originality and effective innovation that exemplifies commitment, dedication and service to this industry.
Nominees may include individuals or organizations. They may be recognized for a single outstanding visionary achievement or for sustained outstanding contributions that have made a profound impact on the equine industry. In the case of nomination for a single achievement, nominees should have devoted themselves to a given task whose magnitude, significance and repercussions warrant a level of recognition beyond the purpose served. The achievement in question should be complete or measurable to the degree that the judges can come to an accurate assessment of its consequences and degree of success. The nominees may or may not come directly from the equine industry, but their achievement(s) must have created paradigm shifts in the perception of the industry.
The nominee’s performance in relation to the achievement(s) cited should demonstrate the following attributes and abilities:
1) The vision and innovation of a true pioneer.
2) Leadership, commitment, dedication and willingness to serve.
3) Original and effective ideas and/or products, services, programs.
4) High moral, ethical and professional standards.
For more information about the Equine Industry Vision Award, contact:
Judy Lincoln, Equine Industry Vision Award Coordinator, at 386-760-7743 or e-mail AHorsePubs2@aol.com