Sponsored by Zoetis and presented by American Horse Publications
The Equine Industry Vision Award is given annually in recognition of outstanding leadership, creativity, and meritorious contributions toward positive changes in the equine industry. This distinguished award is a unique opportunity to publicly recognize ingenuity, originality, and effective innovation that exemplifies commitment, dedication and service to the equine industry.
Nomination Deadline Date is February 2, 2024
Materials must be submitted electronically on or before February 2, 2024.
EMAIL NOMINATIONS TO: Judy Lincoln, Equine Industry Vision Award Coordinator at: email@example.com
Nominees may include individuals or organizations. They may be recognized for a single outstanding visionary achievement or sustained outstanding contributions that have profoundly impacted the equine industry. Nominee must be a resident of U.S. or Canada.
In the case of nomination for a single achievement, nominees should have devoted themselves to a given task whose magnitude, significance, and repercussions warrant recognition beyond the purpose served. The achievement in question should be complete or measurable to the degree that the judges can accurately assess its consequences and degree of success.
The nominee’s performance in relation to the achievement(s) cited should demonstrate the following attributes and abilities:
1) The vision and innovation of a true pioneer.
2) Leadership, commitment, dedication, and willingness to serve.
3) Original and effective ideas or products, services, programs.
4) High moral, ethical and professional standards.
1) Deadline for nominations for the 2024 award is on or before February 2, 2024. The award presentation will be held on Friday, May 17, 2024, at the 2024 AHP Equine Media Conference in Lexington, Kentucky.
2) Anyone is eligible to be nominated or to nominate. Nominations must be submitted electronically and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the official nomination ballot plus any additional supporting documentation such as letters of recommendation, links to videos, websites, books, or articles. Maximum number of pages is ten (10). The nomination must describe in non-technical terms the nature of the achievement and the extent of its benefit, significance, and effects, focusing on those attributes of the nominee that were primarily instrumental in contributing to the achievement.
3) The person nominating a candidate must provide their name, address, and phone number so that the judges can follow up if needed.
4) The person nominating a candidate must provide the names of two additional people who could offer information on the nominee.
5) All non-winning nominations, including finalists from 2023, are encouraged to be re-nominated. A 2024 nomination ballot and collateral material are required for all 2024 nominations, regardless of whether the nominee has been nominated in the past.
The Equine Industry Vision Award Nominating Committee will review the nominations. The Committee will narrow the prospective list of nominees to no more than four (4) finalists, and the AHP Board of Directors, plus a Zoetis representative, will select the winner.
The winner will be notified to allow for travel arrangements and scheduling. Official announcement and presentation of the award will be made during the AHP Annual Conference in May.
AHP members are encouraged to share and publish information about the Equine Industry Vision Award in their publications and on their websites and social media for their readers and viewers before the nomination deadline and following the award ceremony. AHP will provide its members with press information and promote the award via the AHP Newsgroup and online.
Equine Industry Vision Award Trophy
The Equine Industry Vision Award recipient will be announced during a breakfast ceremony sponsored by Zoetis during the annual AHP Equine Media Conference. The winner receives a lead crystal trophy created by master artisan Peter Wayne Yenawine and commissioned by Zoetis. The perpetual trophy for the Equine Industry Vision Award is displayed at the Zoetis offices. A smaller version of the award is given to the recipient as a cherished memory of this special event.
Dr. Nathaniel White (2023)
Dr. Billy Smith (2022)
Breyer Horses (2021)
Barbra Schulte (2020)
Tom Lenz, DVM, MS, DACT (2019)
David Jones, DVM (2018)
Sydney Knott (2017)
Gary L. Carpenter (2016)
Gayle Ecker (2015)
Patti Colbert (2014)
Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (2013)