The Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH Intl.) takes great pride in the exceptional credentialed professionals, volunteers, equines, veterinarians, staff, and clients who ensure delivery of, and participate in, high-quality equine-assisted services (EAS) at PATH Intl. Member Centers. PATH Intl. is pleased to announce the winners of the 2023 PATH Intl. National Awards.
PATH Intl. recognized all award winners at the association’s International Conference Awards Luncheon held on Friday, October 27, 2023, in Charlotte, North Carolina. Winners were carefully and thoughtfully selected by a panel of judges who reviewed submissions of all winners from PATH Intl.’s 11 Regions, to award the Credentialed Professional, Equine Caretaker, Veterinarian, Equine, and Volunteer of the Year winners. The PATH International Equine Services for Heroes® Equestrian, Youth Equestrian, Adult Equestrian, and James Brady Professional Achievement Awards were all selected through a nationwide nomination process.
PATH Intl. CEO Kathy Alm said of the awardees “Recognizing the accomplishments of these recipients is a beautiful way to shine a light on the humans and equines who make equine-assisted services so highly sought out in communities. The PATH Intl. awards program is important for celebrating the quality, professional, safety-oriented programs being delivered to bring about the health, wellness and education of participants, all with the horse at the center of the process.”
PATH Intl. congratulates the following award winners:
- PATH Intl. Credentialed Professional of the Year: Klara Bergtholdt, Happy Trails Riding Academy, Visalia, CA – PATH Intl. Region 11
- PATH Intl. Equine Caretaker of the Year: Linda Parsons, Xenophon Therapeutic Riding Center, Orinda, CA – PATH Intl. Region 11 – Sponsored by Zoetis Equine
- PATH Intl. Veterinarian of the Year: Tennessee Equine Hospital nominated by Saddle Up, Franklin, TN – PATH Intl. Region 5 – Sponsored by American Regent Animal Health makers of Adequan® i.m.
- PATH Intl. Equine of the Year: Noble, Misty Meadows Equine Learning Center, West Tisbury, MA – PATH Intl. Region 1 – Sponsored by Purina
- PATH Intl. Volunteer of the Year: Andrea Mozur, Windrush Farm Therapeutic Equitation, Inc., North Andover, MA – PATH Intl. Region 1
- PATH International Equine Services for Heroes Equestrian of the Year®: Andy Earp, CHAPS Equine Assisted Services, Sheridan, WY – PATH Intl. Region 10
- PATH Intl. Youth Equestrian of the Year: Kaylah Hill, Maryland Therapeutic Riding, Inc., Crownsville, MD – PATH Intl. Region 2
- PATH Intl. Adult Equestrian of the Year: Debbie Hutchinson, Riding To The Top Therapeutic Riding Center, Windham, ME – PATH Intl. Region 1
- 2023 PATH Intl. James Brady Professional Achievement Award: Patricia Saylor, Equi-libium, Nazareth, PA – PATH Intl. Region 2
To learn more about PATH Intl. Award Sponsorship opportunities please visit: https://pathintl.org/sponsors/
About PATH Intl.: The Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International® (PATH Intl.®) was formed in 1969 to promote safety and optimal outcomes in equine-assisted services (EAS) for individuals with special needs and others. At 813 member centers, more than 53,339 children and adults, including 5,900 veterans, may find improved health, wellness and a sense of pride, independence and fun through involvement with horses. Member centers offer therapeutic horsemanship including riding, driving, interactive vaulting, trail riding, competition, groundwork and stable management; physical, occupational therapies; speech language pathology and mental health services incorporating horses, coaching and learning programs among other services. Through a wide variety of educational resources, the association helps individuals start and maintain successful EAS programs. There are nearly 50,000 volunteers, 5,424 certified professionals, 76,781 equines and thousands of contributors from all over the world helping people at PATH Intl. Member Centers achieve their health and wellness and learning goals.
Contact: Sara Conant, Communications & Marketing Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 369-7433, ext. 123