Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Managing Director of Marketing & Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Summary: The USHJA, a Kentucky “Best Places to Work,” is seeking an innovative marketing professional who has proven experience in developing and executing marketing strategies and campaigns, and knows how to get the most out of social media, email marketing and advertising efforts. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a positive, team-oriented attitude, wants to combine their passion for the Hunter/Jumper sport with their expertise in marketing as part of an integrated approach to strengthen the sport.
- Experience developing strategy, creating content and managing marketing campaigns for a diverse group of stakeholders, and setting meaningful metrics, tracking progress, and meeting or outperforming those objectives
- Must be comfortable providing strategic counsel to executive leadership on marketing efforts
- Experience using email marketing platforms, such as Constant Contact, successfully to achieve marketing/communications objectives
- Tracking, evaluating and metrics management
- Experience working as part of an integrated marketing team and a results-oriented approach to marketing/communications
- Create effective campaigns for a diverse constituent base, incorporating latest marketing and social media trends, and analyze performance
- Collaborate with team to create marketing content that supports USHJA programs
- Develop and implement email marketing
- Assist with project management, including videos
- Establish evaluation metrics, coordinate SEO strategy, increase marketing effectiveness
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing strategy, plans and materials
- Manage contractors, as appropriate
- Represent the organization at events
- Other related duties as needed and provided by supervisor
- BS in Marketing or related field
- Four years or more related work experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Equine Industry preferred
The equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Travel: Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend work may be required for special projects and events.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel by air or automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To Apply: Cover letters and resumes must be submitted to email@example.com.
The job description can also be found here: https://www.ushja.org/about-us-and-news/careers/open-positions.