Arabian Horse Association
To apply: Email your resume to Cristina.email@example.com
Status: Unpaid Internship
Availability: September through November working up to 20 hours peer week.
INTRODUCTION: The Arabian Horse Association (AHA) is seeking an individual majoring in an equine program, education, marketing, events, or related field, who desires to learn more about marketing, events and breed associations and develop skills to work within the horse industry.
As a full-service breed association, the Arabian Horse Association seeks to meet the breeding, competitive and recreational interests of all Arabian horse owners. As the official breed registry for the Arabian horse industry, the AHA Registry has registered more than 1 million Arabian, Half-Arabian and Anglo-Arabian horses since it’s founding in 1908, ensuring the integrity and perpetuation of the breed.
AHA offers events and competitions bringing together to share the joys of Arabian horse ownership. Membership in the AHA has its privileges and provides access to registration, programs, competitions and other services.
- Promotion and development of local outreach programs
- Assist with AHA National Events
- Assist in promotion and development of the AHA online store
- Assist in social media presence
- Assist in promotional material updates and rewrites
- Perform other marketing duties and accepts other responsibilities as assigned
GOALS: The AHA Marketing and Events Intern will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to run events and manage marketing programs. At the duration of the internship, the intern will have developed a list of contacts within the equine industry and have seen the production of marketing and events by a national level association. Interns will be monitored on a weekly basis and feedback will be provided monthly. AHA will provide any reports or paperwork needed for universities.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use a computer and its programs for long periods of time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to follow-through with a project
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and able to multi-task
- Horse experience and knowledge
- Social media experience a plus but not required
- Position may be remote but would prefer someone that could assist in the Aurora office one time a week